30.

I.

"I'm done! I can't take this any longer!" whined Croatia.

He was at the verge of crying from the cold, and from the burning hunger.

Slovenia and Austria said nothing, but they were hungry and tired too.

Croatia's stomach grumbled, and having enough of walking around the city, he sat down on the nearest bench, crossing his arms grumpily and shivering from the freezing cold.

"It is all your fault you defect!" he spit at Austria, who huddled himself up in ashame.

Slovenia rolled his eyes, but had no power to defend Austria. He had enough of the standing too, so he sat down next to Croatia angrily.

Austria remained standing, not dareing to sit down.
His own belly made a loud grumbling sound.
He was beyond hungry too. But what could they do? The only option at this point was to rent a free place next to a homeless and beg for money from people.

He scrunched his nose in disgust at the mere thought.

He turned away from the two boy, watching the majestic city.
As they got to know it- this was Vienna, the capital city of Austria.
The buildings, the many shops, the many sculptures- were ornament, detailed and mesmerizingly beautiful.
It was advent already- the million and millions of sleepily flickering fairy light lighted up the night city. To him it was as if tiny dots of stars would have come down from the sky, adorning the freezing streets of the capital.
Austria sighed in wonderment- his mist like breath lingering before him tardily. The air was extremely cold, the wind sharp and painfully cold as it howled through the streets and made everyone shudder.

He wandered his gaze towards a pretty, adorable little bakery. It had many flickering christmas decorations in its shop-window, the big sweet biscuits and pastries being placed aesthetically on the little detailed shelves.

The slowly increasing hunger burnt his insides unmercifully at the sight.

The snow just started to fall and the tempature dropped rapidly...

The chilly wind blew from behind, through his thin clothes, making him shudder painfully.
He put his freezing hands, which started to change their colour to purple from the cold, in his jeans pocket.

How good it would be if he had a little money...

His eyes watered in desparation.

However, his self sorry was replaced with confusion when he felt a strange folded paper in his jeans pockets. He furrowed his eyebrows thinking about what he had put in there.

But when he pulled out the paper- his eyes widened.

It was a paper money he had never ever seen before...

It was pastel reddish coloured with a number on it. A 1 and a 0.

His mouth parted in awe as he carefully flipped the paper and observed it. Under the 10 number and next to an art of a gate like thing on the paper, letters could be seen.

EURO.

"Ten Euro...? " he mumbled under his breath. He had learnt about this valuta in school, but had never seen even pictures of it before.

He snapped up his head, towards the bakery, then back at the two sitting and arguing slavics.

An idea lit up in his mind.

He thought about a ten Euro again....

And voilá-

he pulled out another ten euro from his pocket.