28.

☱    ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ☴

• ! ⚠️ !  •

The dying leaves and bare branches were eerily following the trembling shape of the Hungarian. To him it was like he was being watched by the darkness.

The memory, when he left the winged country in the forest, repeated in his mind over and over again. His dark eyes, as they had been staring into his soul, like a haunting dream- looked back at him from every deep shadows.

'I will come back, I will come back...'

He hit lightly his forehead a couple of times. He wished the memories would vanish.

He had almost arrived to his destination, when under a flickering streetlamp- he saw the boy. But not like in the woods but in his dream: without wings, without black eyes. Although in that moment, the dull blue scarf he had given to him- was still wrapped around his neck. His shape was not clear. He looked like a misterious vision, an untouchable and uncomprehensible ghost... Albeit his expression was blank, his glare was sharp like a million knife.

Hungary almost heard his unspoken words:

Liar...

He thought he would just faint, but the very next time he blinked- the boy's shape disappeared...

He had a hard time getting himself together again and fasten his shaky, wobbly steps.

He arrived at the Balkan's house in no time. It was not a fancy house, moreover- it was quite old...

He heard the faint music playing from the garden. He opened the rusty gate, and got in. At the far end of the garden, there was a treehouse.
He walked to the tree house and climbed up the ladder, which lead up to a drop door, under the wood house. He was gazing at the smoke like mist, which slowly lingered out the gap among the lath walls of the house. However, he just ignored it and knocked on the trapdoor.

Not so long after, with a big cloud of smoke, Serbia opened the door.

"Hungary! " he exclaimed happily.

Hungary let him climb down the ladder and stand face to face with him.

"I thought there will be more people?" said Hungary.

Serbia furrowed his eyebrows and narrowed his eyes at Hungary, loosing his previous delighted state.

"Well, yes. But since I sent Slovenia and Croatia a day ago to speak with you, they vanished into thin air...." he said with the slightest worry and concern in his voice.

"I wasn't even at home... I havent seen them... But I could ask my br- ouh A-austria, or the Monarchy if they had seen them..." the Hungarian mumbled.

The Serbian hummed not so convinced, and crossed his arms.

"I see... By the way- cool eyepatch, I guess you happened to recieved it since you disappeared, right?." He teased.

Hungary shifted from one leg to another, trying to not look Serbia in the eye.

"Guess so..."

Serbia quietly snickered at his reserved answer.
"Happens to the best. Anyway- what made you come here at 3 am? I dont think you've come just to smoke weed with us or get drunk..."

Hungary gulped nervously and wrinked his hands.

"Well, no... I need something..." he said slowly. "I would pay you of course..."

"Hmm. And why do you think I have that specific something?" asked the Serbian, raising his eyebrow playfully.

"they uhh said, you guys can get almost every type of stuff... And I would- so I need a -- door...." He pursed his lips in embarassement, his cheeks slowly reddening.