39. PART ONE

Part One
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖔𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖓 𝖕𝖎𝖓

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ♜ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

He was standing in the mini park like area before the castle of Prussia, Budapest's way too big, furry coat shielding him from the freezing cold. On his back, there was the rifle, glimmering in the darkness, in his hands - the bow and arrow ready for firing.

They saw that the Monarchy's car was parked somewhat away from the castle, which meant he was here...

He shivered to the core, not just from the chilly air, but from the severity of the present time.

And just being all alone out there, in the silent tension, waiting for something to happen, felt exactly like in the forest. Dark, eriee and cold.

His gaze searched the area restlessly. What if Romania comes back, and after what he had done, kill him..?

It would be reasonable, and likely to happen...

His heart ached, when he remembered his huddled up shape, his scared, dark eyes before he said the words, which had ended everything. Or mostly to him. He couldn't feel the pull anymore, but instead- he could drown in guilt. He did not want him to die... But what a massacre happened because of him, because the creature remained in the forest because of him, to wait for him...

He lowered the bow and looked up at the starry sky.

"I hope I entertain you all well..." he mumbled weakly to the stars. However, other than the shining, faraway fireballs, nobody watched him.

As he just stood there, he had time to think sadly, his guilt had time to stab his chest.

What can he do now to save Rommania... He did not mean it, but he couldn' let him hurt anybody else... Hopefully he will go back to the Cursed Forest. Hopefully...

When his gaze moved back to the castle, he froze in motion, and took a step back.

Before him, bending to the tree was Romania's figure, as a mere vision, looking humanly and not like a monster.

"Feeling guilty after sentencing me to death?" he asked in his ringing voice accompanied with a grin.

Hungary lifted slowly the bow as a kind of instict, but then lowered again. His lips opened and closed, he was unable to say anything.

"You know, you can value nothing, until you have lost it." said the boy, and stood up straight, away from the tree.

"What do you want...?" Hungary growled.

The country snickered and started to fade.

"Well if you want me to leave-" he teased.

Hungary snapped his head to his fading shape in panic.

"No, wait!" he almost shout.

The boy bent to the tree again, and just stood there, both of them just staring at eachother. Until, Hungary broke the staring contest and silence.

"... I had no other option.... I didn't wa-"

"If you had wanted to, you could have done anything else. Do you think I did it in my own will? Killing that man? You know what are the consequences of becoming an infected, Hungary, don't you? You studied in the best school, you are not dumb." he said calmly, still holding that canny smile on his lips.

"I know... but... Why- why are you hunting me, Romania....? I know I made a mistake, but I had to do somethin'... It, I mean- we could have never worked... I'm a human,but you are a m-- you are no longer one. Stop fucking hunting me..." he muttered.