Chapter 19: Accept

"Wait! Stop everything right now!" a recognizable voice could be heard.

"Yeri.." Jungwon said slowly trying to get up.

"You aren't allowed to hurt my brother!"

"I agree!"

Jungwon was surprised to see both his parents as well.

"Mom.. dad.."

"You cannot lay your hands on my son and neither can you on your own.. I thought I could trust you.. I have for so long. You changed horribly and all because of your greed." M. Yang finally spoke.

"So what! Don't act like you aren't greedy as well."

"Compared to you, I am not desperate. I value my family's feelings before money. Nothing can replace them. So either you stop! Or will call the police because of how badly you treated your son."

"You think you can do something? You are the one who changed. You were never like this in the first place."

"Oh I can! I'm not selfish. If my son likes Jay. He is free to do whatever he wants."

"dad.." Jungwon said slowly. His dad has never taken his side before yet alone talk to him much. He wasn't expecting this from his father but he was deeply grateful for everything. He thought he couldn't trust his father, but in the end behind the cold facial expression of his dad, lies a great person.

"Thank you M. Yang." Jay said.

M. Yang smiled.

"Alright may you please leave. We can discuss this tomorrow! I think they both need some sleep right now." Ms. Yang said before pointing towards the exit.

"Ugh" M. park left, he was furious but decided to give up only for now.

" Mom and dad!" Jungwon ran towards them and gave them a big hug.

"Thank you so much." Jungwon smiled.

"Don't worry son! I'm sorry for treating you so badly in the past. I will try to act more friendly. It was just work stressing me out."

"I think I should apologize too. I haven't been the best little sister... I always ruined everything for you. Therefore I accept you and Jay." Yeri said. This time Jungwon felt it was genuine and gave her a bright smile.

"I forgive you.. and dad too."

"Anyway group hug!" Jungwon's mom said.

They all hugged each other in a warm hug.

Jay stood there and smiled. He wished that his mother would still be here so he could get a hug too. It really warmed his heart. He wanted everything to go back to normal, he wanted his supportive dad back. 

"Jay come here you idiot!" Jungwon gave him a soft smile and moved his hand indicating Jay to join them as well.

Jay's heart melted as he ran towards Jungwon and his family.

"Welcome to the family Jay!" Ms. Yang said.

"Thank you.."

He was finally happy. He was able to love the person he wanted and be open about it. It felt like a dream come true. His dad might not accept it but Jungwon's family did. He had more people on his side than he expected.
__________________________________
"Alright we need to talk." M. Yang said.

"What? you are going to tell me how happiness matters and money doesn't. Cut the bullshit I don't need any of you freaks to give me morals. I can decide what I want to do on my own."

"My wife told me you were using my daughter for money. Is that true? It was kind of hard to believe since I've known you for so long. I had to see it for myself before jumping to conclusions."

"I needed money for my company to grow? I've already risked so much and feared that everything would be gone."

"I understand your are deeply hurt by your wife's demise, and this is causing you to find comfort in money. Believe me once you grow old, you will finally realise how important Jay is to you. You will be all alone if you keep doing this. Your son will end up hating you. He put up with your shit for so long. I admire his courage. I know you lost the person you loved the most, but you have someone else... you aren't alone in this.. it is your own son whom you should be proud about. He more than anyone was hurt. He lost his mother when he was young." M. Yang said softly.

"Remember when you use to bring Jay over at my house when he was a kid? See how happy he was.. running around after Yeri and Jungwon. After your wife passed away. You locked him up with your feelings. And since then you didn't really speak to me until you decided to marry our children because of money. I should've found that suspicious but since I knew how much you suffered I trusted you."

"I honestly don't know what to do.. I'm losing hope in everything. I know you all are right about this. Maybe I'm just too scared to lose my son that's why I always control him around."

"No. That isn't what you're doing. You aren't scared of losing your son. You are scared to lose your fame. You should know the difference."

"I-" M. Park was out of words.

"Listen I am going to make sure Jungwon and Jay get married instead."

"But-"

"If you aren't pleased you don't have to come to their wedding. I am already informing you about this since you are above all Jay's dad. Please don't lose your son to fame. If one day you end up losing fame, you won't have anyone to confide it, since all these years you have slowly broke your son's trust."

M. Yang said before he left, leaving M. Park alone. Drown in thoughts, He was honestly lost. M. Yang was right.. he was completely wrong. He was soon going to lose the only person he had left because of his greed. Yes he did have a step wife, but it would never be the same without Jay.

That day made him think about his actions and their consequences deeply.
__________________________________
Thanks for reading! I'm so happy this is close to 300 views. I also got 52 votes so thank you.

I hope this gets more popular though lmao.

💕

also why yall skipping chapters. Please don't do that guys!