Chapter 18: unpleasant surprise

"Well that was fun! I'm so exhausted though! We were able to spend the whole day too! Time went so fast!" Jungwon said.

"I know right? Once we get home! Let's cuddle!"

"Yes I would love that!" Jungwon smiled.

They both drove home. Feeling exhausted. Jungwon had decided to drive home so that Jay could rest.

"You should sleep a bit! I'll wake you up when we are home." Jungwon smiled.

"Sing me a song to sleep!" Jay whined like a child.

"What? I can't sing!" Jungwon laughed.

"That's just a lie now! You can dance so you can sing too!" Jay joked.

"Nope I'm actually terrible. You can ask Sunoo." Jungwon chuckled.

"Aweee!"

"When we go home! I'll sing for you!"

"You better!"

"I'm kinda scared of going home right now..what if my dad sees me again. He is going to be absolutely furious."

"Well if he is! I am going to put you in my pocket and run away." Jungwon smiled.

"Really?" Jay laughed.

"Don't worry too much okay? This time I won't leave you alone. We fight together!"

"Thank you! And you didn't leave me alone last time you idiot! It was my decision to speak to him." Jay didn't even once think Jungwon should've been with him. To be honest he preferred Jungwon was far away from his father. God knows what he would do to Jungwon.

"Still! You wouldn't have been hurt if I was there."

"It's fine alright? I'm not hurt anymore am I?"

"Geez you're so nice."
__________________________________
They finally arrived home at around 10 pm. Tired they decided to get some sleep. They were drained after traveling for so long. Unfortunately their rest would have to wait as they didn't expect that something of rather someone would be in their way. Both of them stopped in their tracks as they realized who was standing in front of Jungwon's apartment door.

It was Jay's father.

"Well well! I guess my son still hasn't understood his lesson. Even after I told you so many times. You still disobey me?" M. Park said, his voice was full of rage! It looked like he was about to explode any moment now.

"Dad! What are you doing here!" Jay asked, he was clearly irritated by that unpleasant surprise visit from his father. He was the last person Jay needed to see right now.

"If you excuse me M. Park, Jay has to sleep.. It's already late so if you need to speak to him, please come back tomorrow." Jungwon said coldly.

Even Jay got scared by Jungwon's cold tone.

"And who are you to tell me what to do? He is my son. And he is suppose to listen to what I say?"

"Oh please. Last time I checked, a father isn't suppose to hit his own son. Don't you think?"

"I very well know what I am doing. I don't need an immature kid like you to tell me what I should do to raise my son." M. Park clearly seemed a bit startled by that. No one should know that he hit his son.

"Alright! I agree that you are his father. But that doesn't give you any right to abuse him. And for your information, Jay is 25 years old and is capable of choosing his own path. He doesn't need someone to do it for him."

Jay smiled at Jungwon. He could never say something like that to his father even if he wanted to say that for so long. Jay couldn't express himself and it was all because of his fear of being hit.

"Well. He is my son! I don't agree to anything you are saying. You don't have a right in this. So please be quiet. Jay let's go?" M. Park said as he reached his hand to grab Jay's.

Jungwon felt his blood boiling. He placed his hand in front of Jay preventing his father from taking Jay away. He was soon going to lose it. He took a deep breath.

"I am his boyfriend. I'm closer to him than you will ever be after everything you've done. So I have the right to defend him and I have the right to say whatever I want."

Suddenly Jungwon felt a strong hit on his face. Did M. Park just hit him.

"Dad! Why would you do that! You can hit me not him." Jay said as he cupped Jungwon's cheeks and slowly caressed it.

Jungwon gave his boyfriend a slight smile before looking at M. Park again.

"Shut up! I am just teaching this insolent brat how to learn his place. Can we leave now? I'm starting to get fed up by him."

"Excuse me sir.. but Jay is coming with me."

"Do you need another slap? Get away from my son. You ruined everything!"

"I don't think I did? Did you not see how he is happy? Do you really want to see your son in a depressed state? I think you should stop this."

"Again with the happiness shit! This is really driving me insane. Happiness doesn't exist for the love of god. Everything gets taken away at one point and you can't do anything about it!"

"I understand your point sir.. I understand you've been through so much... but still are you really going to do this.." Jungwon's voice softened.

"Dad please. Let me be with Jungwon. I love him so much."

"You are going to ruin my reputation. Please Jay understand me.. everything will be ruined!"

"How? I'm just in love? How will this affect anything."

"It's disgusting to like guys. You are a boy. You should date girls."

"It's not disgusting! We are literally in 2024? All this homophobia thing is outdated.. so you should stop." Jay said.

"Right! Let's go home! I will make sure you regret this." M. Park pushed Jungwon to the side causing him to hit the floor and fall. He then aggressively grabbed Jay's hand and started walking away.

"Jungwon! Are you okay?" Jay tried struggling out of his father's Strong grasp.

"Wait! Stop everything right now!" a recognizable voice could be heard.
__________________________________
Ooo. 3 chapters left! Thanks for reading don't forget to vote and comment :)