Prolog

The family of my bestie had a difficult relationship but after the divorce of the two of her Mom and Dad, nothing in their family was like before.

Their Mom still lived in Austria, but their dad had fulfilled himself his dream, he lived in a little cottage in Greece, in a sea-village. 

The sister and the brother of my bestie lived with their mother, while my bestie was always on holidays in Greece and during the school weeks she stayed at her old home in Austria. 

But that was only untill Russia set off a nuclear bomb and half of europe got extinguished. 

Her mother, sister and brother then moved to Venice, where also relatives of them lived. 

But she didn't want to live only at the southern sides, so she lived for a few months at ours. 

We had a house with two floors. In one lived my parents, in the other me and older sister. So there was plenty of space for my bestie to move in, so she stayed in Austria with me.

Till someday, the first day of winter-holiday of the new school, we were both 15, two strangers rang at our doorbell. 

It turned out, they were distant relatives, from America. 

They even showed us some genealogical trees, and their birth certificate.

After two weeks it was sure, that my bestie wanted to move to America. 

They even got her a citizenship for America in advance, as if it they were sure, that she would want to go with them. 

I mean, they were complete strangers to her at that time! 

But everything took its course, and within even one week, all her belongings were brought to America. 

And as bonus, the two men, who turned out to be her older cousins, lived in Lawrence, Kansas, in the state Missouri, where she always wanted to go someday. 

Her parents and my mom and dad asked her every day before she would move to america, if she really wanted this. 

But without hesitation she went with her cousins. 

We face-timed everyday and wrote every free second, but those times got rarer and rarer. 

While I was facing the fact, that my bestie was now 5.000 Miles, inclusive a whole ozean, away from me, she started to become more and more familiar with American customs and everyday activities that differ significantly from ours. 

OMG I finally solved the problem!! 

I had to change the story a bit, because I didn't know every detail anymore, but hope you enjoy!!!