Chapter Forty Five

Mia

    Ace picked me up over his shoulder and threw me on the couch. I was laughing so hard. You're probably asking, Mia what the fuck? Are you okay? We're fine. It's just he didn't want to cook dinner and I offered to and he encouraged it. Until I called him mom.

    He said I was too young to call him dad.

    Okay let me explain, it was supposed to be wholesome considering my dad is dead. I don't have a dad; he was very supportive these past few weeks. I can find myself opening up to him, not about my emotions but the little things.

    He doesn't know about my aunt though.

    He also just now realized my birthday was tomorrow so, we were going to some fucking restaurant tonight. He said I'm eighteen, an adult now which makes me an adult. So, I was fucking excited.

    It's also why he threw me on the couch.

Because I just told him and he wants a reason to get shit-faced.

Told me I'd buy him drinks, and I said no thanks. I will never drink or do any type of substance no matter the cause. It was completely ruined for me, so I'm always sober.

I then made my way upstairs and looked through my closet. I just frowned a little bit. I didn't have anything really nice except this dress. I gently took the piece of fabric between my fingers. It was white with pink flowers on it. I loved it so much. It made me feel feminine.

Considering it was my only option, I put it on and would smile softly. Running my fingers over the creases and wrinkles of it. This was a dress I hadn't worn in a very long time. It was gorgeous though and showed off my hips and curves. Perfected my ass too so, I think I did pretty fucking well. I then curled my hair and applied some lip gloss.

Lately, I have been so happy with no care in the world. It was my dream. I could finally fucking breathe. There was nothing better than just having those days where you felt so good you never wanted it to end. This is the first time since I was a kid I felt this way and it's been literal days. I felt like the world was at my feet finally.

And nothing could stop me.

Hearing a knock at the door, I would go and open it to AJ in a red button-up that was slightly opened by his neck, and higher chest. He had a chain on and it was very nice too. I don't understand why hiding in here was such a big fucking issue. To me, it wasn't. I finally felt like I had a home every time he entered the room.

He smiled at me.

His fluffy hair reminded me of Anakin Skywalker and I loved it oh so much.

    "I know your birthday technically isn't till tomorrow but, I wanted to give you this now."

    I looked at him. "What is it?"

    "Turn around and you'll see, pretty."

    I looked at him and slowly turned. He then put a necklace around my neck and put it on me. I took the charm in between my fingers.

    "It's a-"

    "Angel wing. Yeah, yeah I got it." I would have smiled and giggled before turning and looking at him. "Thank you... For everything. You being so kind to me has done a lot for me mentally."

    "No, thank you. I haven't seen any of us this decently happy in a very long time. You're an angel no matter what you believe, you're a fucking miracle. Especially around Ace considering his natural form is being a professional hater. Convinced he still hates me and I've been here for five years."

    I laugh.

    "Don't worry me too. However, you guys don't treat me like shit and you get what you give to me. So, shoutout to Ace for being a dick but not that much of a dick. Also, you look good by the way."

    He smirked. "You too."

    I just stay looking up at him, admiring him. According to Ace, we admire one another all the time without even fucking realizing it. I'm admiring him when he isn't looking and he admires me when I'm not looking. It's weird but it's nice.

    He put his arm out for me to take and I slipped my arm in between his.

    "Let's go laugh at Ace getting absolutely shit-faced."

    "Sounds like a plan to me." We then walk out together.