Chapter Forty

AJ

"I live here. What are you doing here?" I mean, I knew what she was doing here but I didn't know why. Was i going to find out? Absolutely. Only when she was ready to tell me of course. However, when I figure out who made my angel with the pretty eyes cry, they'll be buried six feet under no remorse.

"I'm living here too now. Just for a while though until I can figure out where the fuck to go from here." She explained. "I promise I won't be a burden of any sort. If anything, I'll only leave my room for the bathroom every so often not to bother you guys."

What? No. Absolutely not. I want to see her every day. I want to see her every day in the kitchen making her chai tea.

"I don't see the resemblance between the two of you." Mia explained to Miles and me. I just chuckle softly. "We're adopted. He practically raised me and took me under his wing. So, I'm technically his adopted son. Just not legally."

She nodded. "That's absolutely adorable."

I then sat next to her and would smile. I ate my salad. She offered me a chicken nugget but, I declined. "Vegeterian, remember?" She nodded and smiled. "Right. Sorry, I'm just doing a lot of things wrong tonight."

"And this is where I head out. Have a good night guys. She's all yours." Miles explained, cupping my shoulder. He then ruffled my hair. "See you around, Johnny."
I rolled my eyes. "I hate that nickname."

Mia looked at me. "Why?'

"He calls me that because my last name being Cash." Miles then yelled. "And it's iconic!"

Then, shut the door. We heard him drive off and we just sat there and ate in silence. "You want to talk about it?" She shook her head. "I'm good, thanks though." She grabbed the box where her chicken nuggets came from and placed it in the recycling bin.

She washed her hands.

She was so beautiful.

I could stare at her for days in a non-creepy way. She had a really nice side profile.

I watched as she threw everything else out. She then looked at me. "You look like such a normal kid."
I laugh. "I guess it has its perks. I don't have to be scary."

"For real." She agreed as she sat down in her seat.
"I like to think I'm nice." I explain to her.

She smiled. "You are nice. However, I just don't care."
I looked her in her eyes. "Well, you're nice to me. That's all I care about."

"I blame them." She points at the door and I laugh. "Teaching me their evil ways." I almost spit out my water and she laughs. "Let me show you to your room. Ace is out right now and Kylo well, he's a sociopath."

Her face goes red. "I'm sorry?"

"Yeah...We didn't want to scare you off. He's a good guy most days but, still very much a sociopath. I don't know when you'll see him. I think he went to Vegas for the hell of it." I then walk her into the spare bedroom.

"And don't worry, I already told Ace you're here." I smile. "Get comfortable. He's going to have a shit ton of questions for you when you wake up and just so you know, you don't need to hide in here and you are in no rush to leave. At all." I reassure her.

"Thank you. Have a good night, AJ."

"See you later Mia."

She then shut the door and I went downstairs to finish eating.