schizophrenia | karlnap

Requested by lostkloud

Schizophrenia is a serious mental illness that affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves.

I've done a lot of research on this for this chapter, but if I got anything wrong please let me know because I honestly didn't even no what schizophrenia was before this.

Tw hallucinations.

Karl has been struggling with schizophrenia for a while, probably since he was 7 or 8.

He hears strange voices and often see strange looking objects and beings in his room.
It used to phase him a lot more than it does now since he was diagnosed.

He used to have psychosis episodes almost every day but since he started medications he rarely had them anymore, he also knew in his head he knew they weren't real especially after.

But when he was alone in his bedroom, when it was dark and cold and the strange shapes and sounds became all too real.

-

He opened his eyes being awoken by something.

He looked in the corner of his room seeing a hooded figure in the distance, it sounded like he was growling at him. He was dressed in red and with a white face with two beady black eyes, no mouth, no nose, no nothing just eyes.

"Hello?" He muttered into the darkness it looked so real it had to be real.

There was no response but it started getting closer.

"No" he mumbled wanting whatever it was to go away.

He looked to his left seeing another figure right beside him.

He gasped putting his head in his hand. He started to feel light squeezing on his arms. "It's in your head, it's in your head" he tried to think but it was so real.

"Go away, please go away" he said completely petrified.

He started to hear voices, he covered his ears but they just got louder.

His breathing rate went up as did his heart and he was shaking. He put his head in his quivering knees.

He knew they weren't real but they looked so real and just sounded so real.

"P-please don't hurt m-me, p-please" he cried out. It got closer to him.

"Karly" sapnap called out to him. Karl was rocking back and forth mumbling to himself as he cried and gasping. He immediately knew what was happening and what to do.

"Baby" sapnap said walking over to him sitting beside him, he placed a gentle hand on his back watching as Karl squirmed most likely think whatever he could see was touching him.

"Are you ok" he spoke gently and slowly, knowing exactly what Karl needed.

"They aren't in my room love C'mon" he spoke picking him up.
He sat him down on his bed, the voices were much quieter in here.

"They aren't going to hurt you baby I promise, I'll never ever let that happen" sapnap said. Karl just mumbled something to him.

"Take your time it's alright if you can't speak just yet" sapnap reassured. Karl let his head hang.

"Sh sh sh you're ok you're ok" sapnap said calming him from his panic attack. "I- feel s-scared" Karl mumbled.

"That's ok it's completely ok" sapnap said, "you're valid" he said.

"I- promise t-that I'm not lying about this" he spoke taking his time on each word.

"I know you're not love I promise you." Sapnap said. "Do you want to go back to sleep baby" he asked,

Karl shook his head, gripping to sapnaps shoulders.

"Ok what would you like to do" sapnap asked. "Just hold me, make them go away" Karl cried. "I can hold you baby" sapnap cooed taking Karl into his arms.

"There, there nothing's going to hurt you I'm here" sapnap cooed stroking Karl hair as he talked.

The two sat in each other's open arms for a long time sapnap cooing at him and whispering sweet nothings in his ears.

"S-sap" Karl said. "Yes my love how are you feeling" sapnap asked him. "I don't know, confused" he said slowly obviously struggling with his speech a bit as well as confusing.

"That's ok it's normal alright" sapnap said. "I love you baby I'm so sorry, those hallucinations were at you again babe" he said as Karl just clung onto him again.

A/n
Hey guys sorry for lack off updates a lot of stuffs been happening lately especially mentally but I promise I'll get back to it soon ❤️

Words 745🐧