CHAPTER 43 - THE BIDAAI

GEET'S POV

“Geet jija, cut the cake. Dhruv jijosa, please” My sisters and my cousins asked us , gave us a knife to proceed with the cake cutting. 

He placed his right hand above mine and we cut the cake . I gave him a piece of it to take a bite and he offered it to me too. 

“I hope you are done with your cake cutting and Dhruv jijosa, where's the mangalsutra? ” Anaya asked, folding her hands while her eyes were eager to see it. 

I wore a yellow poshak with all the jewellery along with my sindoor and now it's time for him to give me my official mangalsutra. 

He opened a box and leaned, to place it around my neck and Anaya helped me to adjust it properly. 

“I will come to pick you up after some time ”His best friend informed and left the room. With this everyone went out to give us some privacy. 

“it is so difficult to stay in ghunghat ” I said as soon as everyone left and locked the door from the outside. 

“I think it's my duty to do this. ” He said, smiling and keeping his face over his right hand. 

“We have a love marriage. What's the need of formality? ” I said, walking here and there after checking the door .

“Will you please stand for a minute and stop roaming here and there ”He said, standing from his place. 

“Why? ” I asked, adjusting my earring. 

“Because  ” He started saying but he stopped and hugged me. 

“Congratulations Mrs. Deora” 

“Dhruv muje sharam aa rahi hai" I said, hiding my face,on his shoulder. 

“Why? ”

“Hamari shaadi ho gai. We are Husband and wife. ”I replied, raising my eyes to look at his face. 

“Patidevji, how did you become so frank all of a sudden? ”I asked, sitting on the bed and he accompanied me too. 

“You know, a new phase. New me”He winked only to make me blush. 

“Dhruv, please. Stop this teasing ” I said, turning my face towards the other side. 

“I can't believe you are the same Rainbow who gives replies like you are not a question paper where I am expected to answer all your questions ” He said, wrapping his arm on my shoulders. 

I looked at his face and he came closer. 

“Can i dance with my wife? ”He asked, offering his another hand. 

I nodded and we raised from the bed. He selected the song and offered his right hand and I placed my hand on it. I kept my other hand on his shoulder. 

We began dancing with our eye contact on the song ishq wala love. 

“Geetanjali, how are you feeling? I mean as a wife. ” This question reminded me of the conclave when I asked him how he was feeling as a passenger seat prince. 

He twirled me with his one hand and I answered “The most wonderful feeling to call myself as your wife. Thank-you Mr. Deora for your love ”

“No, it's a mutual love. You know from both sides. From final year students to husband and wife. We travelled our journey of Crushship”

We continued dancing but the song ended. We sat back, I asked him whether I could remove my nath as it was too heavy .

“Help karu”