Chapter 8- THE PHONE NUMBER

AFTER ONE WEEK… 

AFTER ONE WEEK… 

📍 College Cricket Ground, Jaipur 

~•Dhruv's POV•~

So, Rainbow and I have started talking, finally . It is the first time I am feeling comfortable around a girl, who is my friend now. Also, Today is my first day of cricket practice for this academic year.  So basically , I am not a captain but an overall player of my team. 

"Dhruv, come here " I heard  my coach and Garv calling me for practice. Yes, Garv is the captain ,unfortunately. Just kidding. I wore my helmet and pads on my legs.

I forgot to mute my phone otherwise the coach will leave no stones unturned to scold me. I checked my phone  and , yes it was her message,showing on my lock screen, sent an hour ago. I guess she is in college right now as per the time.

"Good morning Book Magnet. All the best for your first day at the practice session. Don't  make yourself hurt by being a ball magnet. Just joking, see you at night. Take care "

Her message radiates so much positivity which is enough to make my day. 

I remember her mentioning last night that she has never seen a cricket practice, especially a college team session .

She didn't ask me directly to show my practice session.So I made a plan why not fulfill her little wish! I  asked my college junior to record my videos of  whether I am batting or bowling and send them after the session gets over. 

*** Time skip***

AT NIGHT 

I am so tired after 3 hours of practice in the morning and 2 hrs in the evening. Garv was massaging my legs as I did massage his legs before.  In between he got a call from his home and he went to the balcony side to talk because of network issues. 

I was waiting for her message. I kept checking my phone every 5 minutes because I don't want her to wait as we only get time during the night . 

*tring*

@geetanjali_kshaktawat replied to your story.

Geet - " You should not play in this sunny day,Ask your coach to make some arrangements like tent or AC 😂 "

Me - "You should rate my batting skills, and it's normal to play during the day and which cricket match is held inside of a  tent? "

 Geet - " IDK. Leave it Book Magnet. I don't have any idea about this game. Now Tell me How was your first day?? "

Me - "it was good but it also made my body to scream out of the pain "

Geet -  "You should rest now. I will talk to you tomorrow "