CHAPTER 38 - A WEEK TO GO

AFTER 2.5 YEARS

Dhruv's POV

At Delhi

Evening 5pm

“Garv, are you coming or not? ” I asked, entering the room of my flat in Delhi. I shifted to Delhi last year for my doctorate in Modern Indian English Literature. 

“Yeah, I will be there before Haldi," he replied, on the other side of the call. Garv shifted to Mumbai 2 months ago as he got an offer from the music industry .

His social media handle grew after his few videos crossed more than 5 million views.

He left his doctorate in Biotechnology and with his family support ,he made a decision to try his luck in the music field. 

“Okay but I won't accept any excuse incase you didn't show up in my shaadi”I warned and after a while ,I hung the call as he was busy with recording.

So, my wedding is in 10 days.  The day is arriving when our morning messages will turn into morning hugs. Instead of waiting for our texts or calls, we will wait to meet in the evening after our work here. 

Today is her last day of working at the Hyderabad branch as she is transferred to Delhi. She will join here after 1 month and I bought this flat 3 months back after earning. 

I have published two more books which have broken the record of best selling recently. Who knew one day I will be writing books and they will turn out to be popular among readers. 

Tomorrow evening I am leaving for Sirohi as rituals are going to start in two days. I took my laptop and checked some official mails. 

I looked at my instagram which is an official handle as an author where I share more about my work than my personal life. 

I checked a few comments I got from my readers congratulating me for my wedding.

“Dhruv, I love you so much but thukra ke mera pyaar mera intekaam dekhoge'' One of the comments I read. 

I scrolled down and another comment got my attention 

“They are best friend goals. Garv is a singer and Dhruv is an author” I checked only to see it was on the collab post of us. 

Suddenly, I realized I had to pack my bag. I did my shopping from Jaipur last month and gave it to tailor for some fitting . The outfits which are required for different functions and I will get them on my way. 

That is, I will go to Jaipur first then from there I will head towards Sirohi. 

Last day here as a bachelor, I will return to this place with my wife after 20 to 25 days. 

I got a call from Shivu jija which stopped my thoughts.

“Ha Shivu jija”

“Dhruv, have you given cards to your colleagues?”She asked on the call. 

“Yeah, I have. What about relatives?”

“Your jijosa and Bhabosa have completed that work ”

“Where's Mumma? ”I asked, going inside of the kitchen, to make coffee. 

“She is busy packing stuff. Make sure you bring Bari from Jaipur, your Jijosa will join you there ”She informed me while I was boiling milk on the gas stove. 

“Ha, Don't worry.”

“Wait,  did Geet like the jewellery design for which we placed an order, you know very well that she has to wear the jewellery which is brought by us for pheras?” I heard her words , pouring coffee powder in my mug with the help of a spoon.