CHAPTER 40 - HALDI

DEAR LOVELY READERS,  I WILL ATTACH PHOTOS IN BETWEEN TODAY'S CHAPTER  FOR REFERENCE.

HAPPY READING

DHRUV'S POV

“Mumma chaar dan toh roj koyi peetee karao ho aap?” I asked in frustration as from the last  five days , they have been applying Haldi on my hands, legs and face twice a day. 

(Why are you making me apply Haldi from the last four days mumma?) 

(Peetee - This  actually starts from 5 days (but varies from place to place)before the date of marriage. The turmeric paste or Haldi is applied to the bride and the groom twice a day. I guess it is mostly for bringing a glow. This is what Avina found out from the sources - my Mumma) 

“Are dikra futro laagno cheje ni bindani tih! ” One of the ladies said while Garv was laughing looking at my condition. 

(You should look better than you wife!) 

“Why are you so smiling Garv Bhabha? ”I asked, intentionally giving him the respect of an elder brother. 

“I find peace in my heart seeing you everyday, frustrated and screaming .” He replied , taking Haldi from the bowl and applying it on my face. 

“Sanchore me toh 10 din pehle shuru karte hai na peeti karna”I smirked.

(In Sanchore they start this before 10 days) 

“Don't worry about me, I have time. ” He replied, applying more on my face. My hands, my legs and my face were yellowish due to this Haldi. 

“Dhruv, path bitane ka time ho raha hai , 1.5 hrs tak niche aa jana”Bhabosa informed me and I nodded. 

(The time  is approaching . Come downstairs within 1.5hours )

Today is my Haldi and Vinayak pujan at 9am. Her Haldi will start at 3pm in the afternoon and her mehndi will begin from 9am the next morning. 

The overall theme for my Haldi is decided by my sister. Usually it is said, we must wear yellow but my sister came up with a plan after referring to some pictures on social media. 

I will wear a yellow kurta, white pyjama and a safa  as usual.  All the gents will go with white kurta or shirt. And ladies will wear the theme of yellow.

I have to take a bath, get ready and the wedding photographers are waiting downstairs. 

So hectic. I haven't talked to her since yesterday. She is busy with her family and I really don't want to disturb  her  from spending time with her loved ones. 

Vihaan will leave for Udaipur once my Haldi gets over and will return tomorrow evening before Bandoli begins. 

After 1.30 hours 

The whole Deora house was decorated and no corner was left blank. I came downstairs along with Garv and everyone was looking at me and Mumma fisted her hands to remove the evil eyes. 

“Yeha birajo Kunwarsa ”Panditji asked me ,to sit on the path or bajot (small height square shaped table)

(Have your seat here Kunwarsa) 

I sat and Garv helped in adjusting my safa . He wore a white kurta. 

Panditji asked for five rotis . Basically two mauli (sacred thread)  are tied together. The middle one (intersection point) will have one roti tied to it and the remaining four sides will have each of them.