59 - My Dear

Remis' cheeks were slightly puffed, his lips pursed and his skin scrunched into tight creases. "...no," he said, pulling the blanket over his head, making him look like a small anthill. But his body quickly betrayed him, uttering another grumble of protest as if crying for help.

There were slight tremors on the bed. Remis peeked his eyes out of the sheets and found Reask's shoulders gently quaking, his hand placed over his mouth like a vice as he struggled to hold back his erupting laughter. He sent a menacing glare at the knight and managed to work up enough strength to pull his fist out of the warm covers and flash his middle finger at him before retreating back into his reclusive position.

After feeling the pressure of the burrowed youth's silent resentment, Reask quickly coughed and covered his amusement, turning towards the window with traces of gaiety lingering on his expression. The sky was darkening, turning a reddish-blue hue in perfect harmony with the glinting white stars. He quickly calmed his mind and naturally patted Remis' peeking shoulders before sliding out of the bedsheets.

"What're you doin'?" Remis mumbled, his voice covered by the layers of insulative fabric.

"I'm going to cook you something." Reask slipped on the homey slippers given by Remis, feeling the thick cushioning of the soles paired with the soft interior of the velvety cloth. Wearing the slippers, Reask felt a faint embarrassment. It felt like he was home with Remis, cooking a meal for his lazy husband who didn't want to leave the comfort of the bed...

Reask snapped out of his thoughts and dashed out of the room as fast as a squirrel.

----

In Sylvien's bedroom...

Long, silver hair, looking like threads of smooth silk, cascaded over the softened cushion, resting under the moonlight filtering in through the window. The prince's phoenix eyes remained quietly closed, his entire figure the picture of a tranquil, alluring beauty.

"He's so cute..." He murmured under his breath, interrupting the stillness of the room. Sylvien rolled to the side, covering his eyes with his long arm in a graceful flourish. A smile unknowingly creeped onto his face as he recounted Remis' reactions to his guileful teasing. Like a little penguin, he mused. A chuckle escaped his lips, the slight breath stirring the idle air.

A squawk interrupted Syvlien's thoughts. He opened his eyes and rose from his lounging position, shifting his eyes around the room in a relaxed fashion. "What is it, Nore?" He asked.

The bird flashed in, its wings beating heavily through the doorway and landing squarely on Sylvien's stretched lap. Its claws contentedly caressed the soft sheets beneath it, and its feathers gently ruffled as it shifted. "The new roommate!" The bird squawked, dancing around the sheets while sometimes flapping its wings once or twice. An amusing sight that would usually make Syvlien's taciturn, ethereal countenance to break for a moment as he chuckled from its antics. However, the bird's words caused Syvlien's face to darken.

"Elaborate, if you please." Sylvien sighed, standing from the bed. He slid off his silk robe, his long forearms gracefully glissading into a casual suit.

"Remis! I saw a knight in the room!" The bird seemed to laugh as he said so, as if mocking his master's misfortune. Nore jumped from the bed and flew in circles around Syvlien's head, sometimes landing with his large claws and putting Sylvien's smooth, silver hair into disarray.

Sylvien's eyes darkened. The collar button he held so carefully snapped under his clenched fist. He put on a pair of leather dress shoes, complimenting his beige tunic, and sauntered through the door. His collar was left untouched. He would just ask a servant to fix it up later.