58 - Moving In

(A/N: I want to fart but I can't do it in a public space.)

They took an hour to move his things in. His armor and swords, in particular, were quite a burden, consistently slipping out of the poorly engineered bag and clanking loudly onto the floor when they dropped. When Remis tried to help the knight move the weaponry in, he tasted the pain of defeat. He thought that since Reask lifted it so easily, it would be the same for him. He had completely forgotten his struggle during the swordsmanship lessons to hold a smaller wooden sword. When he tried to lift them up, his arms simply sagged, his back bent into a clobbered arc.

"I think this is the last of it," Reask said, his arms grabbing the bottom of three suitcases stacked. Remis nodded and jogged over, his skin flushed from exertion, but before he could come to help, Reask simply lifted the baggage with ease, walking over to his room as if he was carrying a feather pillow.

Remis eyed him with jealousy. A vain and stupid thought passed through his mind, that he should try working out again. If he did, he was sure he could beat the little tomato in an arm wrestling match. He completely disregarded the fact that the last time he tried to lift a moderately heavy weight used for strength training Aileen did, he fell onto the floor and temporarily bruised his shin because of his weak muscles.

The baggage fell onto Reask's bedroom floor with a dull thump, landing on the soft carpet bordering his bed. Remis followed, ambling into the room, a tinge of discontent still visible on his expression as he took a glance at the pulsing veins on the knight's forearms and biceps from the heavy lifting. The thin sheet of sweat on his skin, paired with the large, lean muscles and rugged look, gave him a searing, sensual air.

What a fucker, Remis thought sourly, subconsciously taking a peak at his own pitiful lean figure.

"Does that door lead to the washroom?" Reask asked, pointing to the door to his left as he wiped off the sweat beading on his forehead.

Remis didn't hear him, staying silent as he continued to gaze enviously at the knight's unintentional passionate display. Reask followed his eyes before blushing furiously when he realized that Remis was observing his actions. His small, cute display quelled his dangerous, flirty air as he bowed his head in embarrassment. It wasn't until then that Remis had answered hastily.

"A-ah, yes! The bathroom..." Remis turned towards the door and nodded vigorously, still collecting his bearings, "the bathroom, that's right."

He puttered closer, accidentally brushing past Reask's exposed shoulder. The knight jumped, his heart shuddering. He hastily turned away, covering his mouth and staring intensely at the boring floor like it was the most interesting thing in the world. Remis didn't notice and moved to open the wooden door, revealing a large master bathroom. It was standardly aristocratic, its tiles a golden-veined white marble and its walls painted white, giving it a luxurious and dazzling air. It was adorned with a lavish bathtub and showering area, along with towel racks and large sinks.

"Our rooms are adjoined, so we'll have to take turns using the bathroom. I've been using it for a while and didn't know my new roommate would be coming so soon, so it's a bit messy," Remis quipped, scratching his nape with a sheepish laugh. He stared at the large laundry pile, which had slowly accumulated over time, hidden behind the bathtub.

"O-oh, right," the knight answered hurriedly, still a bit flustered. His mind wandered to what might happen if he entered the bathroom at the wrong time. He would see the supple, elastic waist of the slender teenager, the slight flush on his skin from the heat of the warm bath... Reask had his eyes plastered onto the floor like a scared servant, his ears a consistent flush of red. He occasionally glanced at the door to Remis' room, which was directly adjoined to his, before his eyes immediately flitted down and his not-so-subtle blush grew a tad redder. He lifted his head, forcefully ejecting himself from those thoughts, and stared at the open opulent room. "There aren't any servants to clean?"