3 - Eliad's Methods

(A/N: I know there's a lot of talk in this, but please don't ditch ;-; I promise in the next chapter, the romance will scale up 1000% hehe~)

"Sleep well, Young Master." Eliad soon left with heavy steps. He seemed quite resistant to leaving, for whatever reason.

"Have a good rest." I replied curtly and layed down on the soft bedding.

Watching the door slowly close, I felt as if he and I had somehow grown closer. While this was quite worrying, as I knew that in the game, he was firmly reserved for Aileen, I supposed it was only natural for humans to bond after time together.

Two weeks until the predicted assassination.

I had been training.

My soul—or, how I viewed this world now—had greatly changed after recovering my supposed past life's memories. A more enlightened viewpoint, more open, more aware.

There were few people with magic. All bodies were able to draw mana, the power which was used to fuel the phenomenon of magic. However, the ability to release it in a certain way, and the ability to manipulate a certain element by feeding power into its core to create magic, was something that was exceedingly rare. It required not only a proper understanding of magic, but also innate prowess.

The few people with innate prowess were able to 'awaken' as soon as they gained a suitable amount of experience that allowed their soul to ripen. And my soul, which was force fed seventeen extra years of experience in the span of a mere few days, had ripened far enough.

A normal magic user was able to awaken at around the ages of 14-16. The heroine, Aileen, had awakened at the young age of ten through pure, unadulterated talent.

I had awakened at the age of five.

----

I layed on the bed for several hours, waiting until the mansion was pitch quiet. My eyes snapped open and I sat up.

The warmth enveloped my being as I summoned a small fire on the palm of my left hand. I could feel the mana in my body being carefully fed to tend to the beautiful blue flame. Clenching my hand, I could feel the flame work into my skin. My left arm slowly glowed a light shade of red. Grabbing the thick tome from under my pillow, I carefully slid out of the bed.

There were many guards lining the gates of the Xenith main estate. It was tremendously difficult to infiltrate without skill and a significant backing from high-ranked people. Additionally, Xenith was a family with massive control over markets, trends, and part of the economy, there was not much incentive to even try. Thus, while there was still an exceptional amount of protection inside the mansion, there was still relatively few.

It was safe to say I was free to roam as long as I didn't make much noise. Even if I did get caught, it was quite easy to make an excuse with the pass of 'prized toddler of the family'.

The main ballroom, located at the very top of the eastern tower. A smooth marble floor, high white stone walls, a large open area to work with, and curtains drawn to let no light escape.

The perfect place to practice.

----

The flame gently flowed through my blood, running and running through my body until it flew out and became a large spherical blaze in front of me. Its fervent heat made my stomach flutter. That came out of me, I thought.

I flicked my hand and the flame instantaneously vanished, leaving only a light warmth. Crouching down, I flipped open the slightly worn yellow-brown pages. On the paper, positioned in the center, there was a printed image of a simply crafted magic circle. Around the illustration were scaled-down expositions of individual pieces and parts from the circle.