21 - Thanks

"Do you want to jump?"

"Yes." Jeonghan chuckled bitterly, "They'll be happy without me and that's all I want for a satisfactory death."

"Jump."

"JEONGHAN!!"

After hearing the loud scream, Jeonghan stumbled as he was forcefully pulled back. He felt himself lying on the ground and the only face visible to him was Seungcheol's. His eyes were still glowing in a faint blue colour which meant he was still under the influence of the trap.

And Seungcheol knew what he had to do.

He slammed his lips against Jeonghan's. The tingling sensations were enough to bring the spark back to Jeonghan's numb body. He was no longer feeling empty as he retained his senses.

Seungcheol gently held Jeonghan's nape to pull him closer. Jeonghan grabbed the older's shirt as he found himself melting into the passionate kiss.

When they parted and Jeonghan opened his eyes, they were no more blue. They shone red like a precious ruby which brought joy to both of them.

"You're back." Seungcheol rested his forehead against the younger's, "I was so scared."

"Why did you risk your life for me? They would have needed you in my absence. I don't deserve to live anyways." Jeonghan tried to control his tears.

"But I need you." Seungcheol broke down, "I swear I've never been selfish but for this once, I want to think about myself. And the fact is, it is not possible without you being by my side. And it's not your fault for whatever has happened in the past, just forget it."

"Down bad?" Jeonghan chuckled while his eyes brimmed with tears.

"Really bad." Seungcheol embraced the younger into a tight hug, "I swear."

Wherever you were
If I could hear you, I would run to you without second thoughts
Back then, back then

My young heart was only so playful back then
When I see you smile, I felt something
Cause I never learned any of this

Both of them cried with a fond smile on their face. Finally, fucking finally, the dark clouds and facade of hatred were gone. It took a whole tragedy for them to realise how much they loved and cherished each other all along.

They must have been fighting with each other for long but both of them knew that they couldn't survive without each other.

They stood up from the ground and Seungcheol couldn't resist but embrace Jeonghan once again. You can't blame him though. But the younger broke down into tears as he held onto the older tightly.

"Jeonghan? What happened?" Seungcheol asked worriedly. He wanted to look at the younger's face but he refused to break the hug.

"I'm sorry." Jeonghan sniffled, "I'm extremely sorry. I don't know how to face you or them anymore. I don't deserve you guys. I didn't trust you even though you tried to get us together multiple times. I created a rift among our group for no reason. I failed you, I failed them. You shouldn't have saved me."

"Jeonghan, look at me."

"I can't."

I couldn't express my feelings because I was too young
I wanted to be your tomorrow so I lived today
Ever since the first day I saw you until now
In my heart, it's only you

These typical words
I'm only saying them now
But I hope these typical words will reach you

"Look at me!" Seungcheol forcefully broke the hug and cupped Jeonghan's face who was getting red as tears overflowed through his gorgeous eyes, "You're hurting me now."