27 - Play With Fire

"And that one character single handedly destroyed every ounce of his dominance." Seungkwan laughed as all thirteen of them were sitting in the immense hall of Serenity HQ while discussing the movie they had just watched.

It was evening and their chit chats were echoing in the hall. Finally, everything was in place. The vampires were now more free around the humans as they had nothing to hide anymore.

They could discuss the situations of the Coast, they could use their spells freely and everything that they were restraining to do earlier when they were hiding their identity.

It was when a staff member politely stepped into the hall with a letter in her hand and bowed slightly, "Sorry for the disturbance but there is an urgent letter in the name of Mr. Yoon."

"Me?" Jeonghan stood up to fetch the letter, "Okay you can leave."

Seungcheol joined him as he opened the seal. Jeonghan's jaw dropped as soon as he read the first two words of the letter. Seungcheol held the bewildered male by his waist and took the letter from his hands as everyone else gathered around them.

Dear son,
I heard you were missing me? Well, not anymore as I'll be there very soon and you know what? I want you and your dear friends to welcome me. Let's not fight. This is an official invitation for a peace pact, I'm waiting for you all at the Scarlet River.

Your not so beloved father
Yoon Jaebyeom
-

"What the fuck is wrong with him?" Mingyu blurted out.

"Exactly." Woozi nodded, "Peace pact? Is that his new drama?"

"There's no way he wants to sign a peace pact with us." Hoshi growled, "He's Yoon Jaebyeom afterall."

"He probably wants us to become outrageous in the meeting which isn't allowed during a peace pact." Wonwoo suggested.

"And if we do so, we'll have to be expelled from the Coast for a week." Joshua added.

The humans were just listening to everything that was going on while Jeonghan was simply speechless. One name held the power to bring tons of sour memories into his mind which would make his body go numb.

"Guys, go to your rooms." Seokmin looked at the humans who didn't seem like they wanted to go, "Okay then go sit their comfortably. Don't worry, it's nothing."

The mortals nodded as they sat back on the sofa while praying for everything to be alright. Of course they were genuinely worried for their friends.

"What if we don't go?" Hoshi asked.

"It would give him an upper hand in the battle." Wonwoo explained, "He'll have an excuse for attacking us as we denied his invitation to negotiate."

"Don't worry guys, let's just go and see what happens." Seungcheol declared, "I'm pretty sure that he wants an idea of our plans and so do we. The meeting will be governed by the anonymous powers of heaven and hell so there's no chance of any rule being broken."

"Peace pact my foot." Jeonghan clenched his teeth, "I'll just kill that bastard. I don't fucking care about being expelled or whatever but that motherfucker isn't going to live a single more day."

"Hyung?" Dino mumbled amongst the mortals as this extremely outrageous side of the older was a new experience to them.

"Jeonghan calm down." Seungcheol held the younger in place, "You can't do that, yet. Sure you'll kill him but please let the meeting go on."

"Are you serious right now?" Jeonghan looked at the older, "We won't be able to kill him after the peace pact at all. Not that I care, I'll still tear his soul apart."