24 - Anyone

"You guys are here!" Seokmin stood up as Mingyu, Hoshi and Joshua stepped into the hall of Serenity HQ. Wonwoo and Woozi were sitting on either side of the mortals who just stared blankly at the floor.

Mingyu looked at Wonwoo as he subtly asked him about the humans through his eyes. Wonwoo gestured back that they were silent since they came back.

Woozi gently nudged Seungkwan who flinched visibly, "Calm down." He caressed the younger's arms.

"Jeonghan and Seungcheol hyung?" Wonwoo asked.

"Jeonghan wanted to stay alone for a while." Joshua replied, "And Seungcheol didn't want to leave him alone."

"They'll be here in a while." Hoshi added, "Don't worry."

The vampires looked at the mortals in concern. Of course they were traumatized by whatever they had just witnessed.

"Do you want to know about us?" Joshua asked the humans.

Their eyes shot up but they were still unable to speak. They were curious enough to hear about their story.

"Words?" Joshua crossed his hands.

"We want to." Jun managed to speak.

"But hyung, will Jeonghan and Seungcheol hyung be okay with that?" Woozi hesitantly asked.

"Why not?" Joshua mumbled as he faced the humans, "Our journey started around 2500 years ago. Honestly, even we ourselves can't recall a lot of happenings in our lives, it's not practically possible. But still, we do remember the major incidents."

With that, the vampires told the humans everything about their lives. Their childhood, their chaotic teenage life and how after a point of time they stopped growing physically.

And then came the disaster. How there was a rift caused between the huge friend circle. How they fought everyday because of a misunderstanding. And how everything got settled just 2-3 days ago when the mortals got possessed by the demons.

"So that's why you guys used to argue and cover it up in front of us?" Minghao looked up.

"Yes." Wonwoo nodded, "But it's all clear now. There are no grudges anymore."

"Guys!" Hoshi cleared his throat, "We know we're not in your good books and we don't deserve it either. Yes, we are still a threat to humanity but believe us, we will never be able to harm you all. You are precious to us."

"In your world, whoever is born, has to die. It's their fate." Seokmin carried on, "We just take advantage of that. We don't play with anyone's destiny and force death over them."

"It's like a cycle, interconnected." Woozi added, "We have already accepted that yes, in the beginning we were planning to sacrifice you. Because whoever crosses that forest of the elves is bound to become our prey. And if not ours, then the demons' prey."

"But now we've vowed to protect you." Mingyu intervened, "Trust us, we'll never let a single threat reach you."

"Your hearts are much better than ours." Joshua gently stated, "You can easily understand our actual intentions."

It was when the leaders of both the stylths walked in as all other vampires stood up. They noticed the sour expressions of the humans and proceeded to walk closer.

"Why are you all crowding them?" Jeonghan spoke up, "Let them rest."

"Jeonghan, actually-" Joshua looked at his fellow vampires and then back at the leaders, "I told them everything."

"We." Wonwoo interjected, "WE told them everything."

"Everything?" Seungcheol cocked a brow.

"About our past and present." Hoshi explained, "Our growing up and all of our misunderstandings."