107

The year 2099

Duke Hadrian Peverell-Slytherin and his husband, Duke Tom Peverell-Slytherin had brought nothing but prosperity and might to Britain's magical world. Titles which were richly deserved, as the two had guided them through Britain's darkest hours. Most primarily, the muggle World War Three. Prominently decreed for a long time, that it would be the last war the muggles would ever have. They were not wrong, by the time the muggles were finished waging war on each other, there wasn't much left.

Luckily Duke Tom Peverell created a spell that prevented any contamination from the radiation left by the muggle weaponry. While Duke Hadrian actually came up with a spell that combatted the radiation and rendered the radiation harmless.

It caused wizards and witches to begin to branch out, now they no longer feared 'detection'. Sure, the magical world had expanded beyond what they knew thanks to the Peverell-Slytherins. Both Duke Hadrian and Duke Tom had been Ministers for multiple terms, and were both very respected and it was a surprise they hadn't been crowned royalty despite being considered as such by the masses.

Tom had gotten everything his hearts desired without having to lift much of a finger. Well, that wasn't strictly true. He had worked hard to better the wizarding world, the paperwork was a nightmare, and made him regret it, briefly. Oh, who was he kidding, he'd never regret being the leader over the entire magical community that was the British Isles.

They'd ensured there was enough room for their people to grow and expand. Without muggles their expansion had been endlessly and unencumbered once they received confirmation that it was safe to do so.

So, the magical world, the population became solely magical. It was just the world now as they knew it. The youth of today always found it difficult to believe that so many muggles had once intruded upon their world. Wondered why the wizards and witches had allowed it. Imagining them primitive creatures, and most families didn't correct the errors their young were under. The horror of war too much to think about let alone regale their innocent children with.

Regardless of whether they accepted muggles or not, in heart of hearts, wizards and witches had always felt superior to muggles.

Anyone that declared otherwise were fooling themselves, or attempting to fool you.

They'd had to add to Hogwarts due to the number of students accepted each year. That itself should make anyone realise just how massive the magical community had grown. They cared not for any other communities, and had never ventured to find out if any other magical community had survived the catastrophic damage that World War Three had wrought. If they hadn't had the forethought and smarts to create the spells Duke Tom and Hadrian had...they likely died of radiation poisoning that plumed the entire world.

There was only one problem, with their 'utopia' Tom was maddeningly, infuriatingly bored. There was nothing to do, they'd made the world as best it could be.

"It's Imogen's anniversary today," Hadrian sighed softly, his countenance screamed tiredness. A bone achingly deep one that suggested what humans might refer to as a 'rut'. He was doing the same thing over and over again at this point he didn't expect different results but they would have been nice.

"Yes, it is," Tom agreed, staring out at the beauty of their estate, a hot cup of coffee in his hands. He was inwardly (and outwardly if you discount the glamour) still a young wizard, he had no aches and pains that accompanied old age, but he felt Hadrian's heartache over every loss and every anniversary of their passing.

His empathic husband, who Tom wouldn't be who he was without. He could feel just how upset his husband was, the heartache of it all. There was nothing he could do to make it better.