78

"Remember to take the potions at the correct time!" Hadrian called out loudly so his hard of hearing patient could hear him as he slowly vacated the room. All he got was a cough and a hand swatting the air as surly Burley Branson made it through the threshold and closed the door behind him. Hadrian banished the few empty potion vials he'd given Burley before he left with instructions to go to the apothecary and collect new medicinal potions to treat his pain. Before glancing at the clock - yes, an actual clock in the room! - to keep an eye on the time.

Technically this wasn't his room, he was just here as an apprentice after all, but Hadrian had to admit he liked it a great deal more than he thought he would. Sure, all everyone did was complain at him about how sore they were, what their symptoms were, and how fed up they were. Yet he was able to help them, especially with his knowable. He didn't always work at this side of the building, he had been in the emergency section more often.

This was his last shift, in fact in a few hours he would be meeting with Tom and the others at ten forty-five to head straight for the Hogwarts Express in Kings Cross station. Grabbing his next file, he gave it a quick read, letting himself familiarise himself with his newest patient so he knew how to best help.

Once he had given it a once over, he stood up and made his way out to the waiting room, "Bertrise Bagman?" he called out, watching a twenty-one year old woman stand up with a man next to her. "Follow me," it was obvious they weren't expecting someone like him, someone so young, the wizard who was in his thirties looked as if he wanted to turn around and leave.

Hadrian stared back challengingly, daring him to do just that, it was no skin of his nose if the idiot wanted to leave. It was his own time he was wasting, he was going to be here whether the idiot had an appointment or not. He was not very surprised when the wizard in question - could he be Ludo Bagman's father? - ducked his head in return and tottered behind his wife like a bumbling buffoon.

"Come on through," Hadrian said, his tone polite and professional. Normally apprentices weren't allowed to work alone without a healer, but everyone could clearly see that Hadrian Peverell was exceptionally bright, professional and better than over half the healers they had working in St. Mungo's who had passed all the relevant tests. They wanted him, they adored him, and how he was able to diagnose people so quickly and effortlessly and ensure their continued safety...it made more than a few healers quite happy and vindictively so that their 'patients' more like 'patient victims' were actually safe from harm. They'd begged for the incantation for the spells only to deflate when they realized that Hadrian hadn't come up with one. That he was doing it through sheer wish magic alone. Something they theorised was a result of the wish magic he'd performed two years previous.

The wizard cleared his throat once they were inside, clearly unimpressed, "Where's the healer?" he asked, his voice not coming out as firm as he wished, which made him look disgruntled.

"St. Mungo's is experiencing an increasing demand, which is creating such a big workload that the healers and Medi-wizards are working overtime to catch up. Thus, they made a decision to take on apprentices for the course of the summer while they train healers and Medi-witches themselves so that they have a chance to keep up with the workload and not overwhelm their workers." Hadrian explained, eyes boring into Bagman's, this was definitely Bagman's father, Ludo had been exactly like him. Bagman had been around the right age if he remembered correctly, the wizard had to have been in his fifties or sixties. "If you wish, I can of course, summon a healer if you want? It's within your right." Knowing that he wouldn't not with the guilt trip he'd just put on.

"Levi, its' fine," Bertrise murmured quietly, calming the agitated wizard.

"What can I do for you today?" Hadrian asked, focusing all his attention on Bertrise, his face softening, she was a small slip of a woman. There was nothing written down to indicate she'd had previous testing done or a reason for coming. Neither had she given a reason when she created the appointment earlier today through a Floo call.