85

By the time the Aurors were done with the kids, the adults were beyond exhausted. Arcturus had spent the entire time fuming, an over the top papa bear routine. Given how his son, daughter and niece and nephews had been in danger nobody was surprised. Although, the fact the entire Black brood wasn't there definitely was a surprise. Mel was...more protective than Arcturus, so the fact she wasn't there indicated that she either didn't know or she had been forced to remain behind. Considering what they knew about Arcturus and his relationship to Mel they didn't think it was likely, plus, Mel wouldn't have listened at all.

"Join us for a drink?" The Black Lord suggested, while they waited for their children to return from the pharmacy which would dispense the potions.

"Where is Melania, Arcturus?" Lord Avery questioned, instead of giving an answer.

"She's waiting at home with the kids, I've been updating her frequently, she knows everyone is safe." Arcturus, it was the only way to prevent Mel leaving the kids with the House-elves and just coming with him. By kids, he was speaking of the children on Melania's side of the family, the Macmillan's, they were young, Erin had just celebrated her first birthday and Edward his third. Orion and Lucretia were thankfully fully grown, and no longer needed constant supervision.

"Dad? Can I stay?" Aiden Avery asked his father, with just a hint of pleading entering his eyes.

"Son, the visiting hours have already gone by, nobody will be allowed in that room until tomorrows visiting hours. The boys need some rest to recover, as do you all, you'll be lucky to get out of my sight before Hogwarts returns." Lord Avery grunted, extremely serious about that. "Do not fight me on this and I'll see about you visiting them tomorrow." He conceded, he really didn't want to have his son throwing a temper tantrum in the middle of St. Mungo's. well, to them it would be a temper tantrum, open defiance, refusing to move, but it wasn't something over the top.

"You can all stay over tonight if you wish," Arcturus informed them all, his son and daughters eyes lit up. "The townhouse is more than big enough to have you all resting comfortably, you are all welcome to be my guests," looking out at all the parents, mothers and fathers, no doubt anxious grandparents waiting at home too. None of the Black's would fight me on where the kids were, but would likely be making an appearance at some point to check on their kids.

"I'll accept that drink, Arcturus, but I think we will be returning home afterwards," Lord Dolohov was the first to give an answer to Arcturus' question.

"That's fine, Damien," Arcturus agreed, "I'm sure Temperance would be grateful for her own bed tonight," he said in agreement, Temperance had delipidating back problems that not even potions could cure. She had been in the wrong place at the wrong time and got hit by the Aurors when she had just returned from her honeymoon. There had been fears she wouldn't be able to carry a child to term due to the pain, hence why she'd only had the one son.

"I would indeed," Temperance agreed, her husband had spent the entire time between fussing with her, pleading her to return home and worrying about their son and heir. For the past half hour he'd finally calmed down when the realisation that everything was going to be just fine had sunk in. As soon as her son came closer, his potions in vials in a pouch to prevent breakages, she brought him to her side, when she'd heard the news her heart had almost stopped.

"Where the bloody hell is she?" Arcturus grumbled, there was only one person missing, Walburga, his niece, daughter of his brother Pollux.

"I'll go find her," her brother offered immediately, his arm heavily wrapped with bandages shielding the cuts from becoming infected. Alphard was probably the one with the most injuries, nothing life threatening and would probably be healed by tomorrow. "Mother will be displeased if anything happens," Irma Crabbe favoured her daughter, constantly enforcing Alphard and Cygnus to keep her safe. It was why they and Orion had such a difficult time letting Lucretia and Walburga come to France.