73

"Mr. Peverell-Slytherin?" came the question was the doorway, the wizard was dressed impeccably, with a phoenix and unicorn entwined together, affixed to his cloak. Even Hadrian knew what that stood for, it was one of the best law firms in the magical world, dealing with both magical and non-magical cases as a matter of fact although not so much in the Muggle world these days, due to the war and all that. Now, why the hell would a lawyer be here for this?

"Yes," Hadrian drawled suspiciously, "Can I help you?" had Tom brought in a lawyer? Although he had to admit would make things easier on them, having someone dealing with every aspect of the case instead of him. He would have to deal with it now with him no longer being considered a minor due to his emancipation.

"It's more what I can do for you, Mr. Peverell-Slytherin," he stated seriously, "My name is Torquil Travers, I work for Rosier and Rowle law firm, I have been asked to represent you by Abraxas Malfoy,"

"And you think I need representing?" Hadrian asked wryly, arching an eyebrow in a silent demand for a reply.

"I do believe that to be the case," Travers confirmed, staunchly remaining standing in the doorway.

Hadrian's green eyes glowed with amusement, "Come in, I assume you've already gotten information from the Ministry of Magic regarding my so-called 'case' that requires representation?" in Hadrian's case he did not believe it was true, he was attacked out of nowhere by four wizards. There was a reason, whether it was completely warped or not, they had specifically targeted him. Watching as Travers entered the room and around the side of the bed and claimed a seat, stiff and tense.

"I have," Travers explained, "You will need to explain the reason for the choice of pendant, a very good excuse, ignorance may work best."

Hadrian blinked, gaping at Travers unattractively, "Are you serious right now?" he blurted out incredulously.

"Mr. Peverell-Slytherin, it is imperative that you listen to me," Travers urged him seriously.

"You call yourself a lawyer?" Hadrian retorted anger boiling within him as he begun to understand what had happened to him and why. "To even be considered for Rosier and Rowle law firm you have to be at least in the top ten percentile of your graduating class!"

"Top five," Travers corrected proudly, used to being called all manner of things so he didn't take offense. He was paid six hundred galleons an hour, so insults washed off his back like water off a duck.

Hadrian just stared at the so-called lawyer in utter disbelief which was mingled with dismay. He could only imagine what the hell the Aurors were going to say. His eyes narrowed further and spine stiffened, well he would make sure they regretted anything they spouted at him. "Who's heading the case?" he rather hoped Moody and Prewitt weren't stupid enough to make assumptions.

"Auror Bulstrode and Auror Scamander," Travers replied immediately, having no need to look at the file, which was safely ensconced in his cloak pocket.

"Uh, huh," Hadrian was dismissive in his reply, Scamander was considered a 'hero' by the magical world, part of him idly wondered if he was treated the same way he had been. A hero one day then an evil wizard the next, or if it was all smooth sailing for the wizard. Something clicked in his mind, of course, Scamander had been assigned to help the Ministry capture Grindelwald, so it made sense he would go wherever any evidence took him. He could feel fury radiating from the bond, not just the anger Tom had been carrying around since he woke up, but really frustrated anger.

He was in for some serious disappointment then.

Hadrian didn't need to wait long before there was yet another knock on the door, which the lawyer had closed behind him when he was given permission to ender Hadrian's room. Travers glanced at his client, who remained stubbornly silent, refusing to even marginally cooperate for the Aurors. He closed his eyes, exasperation flowing through him, he perhaps shouldn't have been so quick as to take on a school student, emancipated or otherwise. Mr. Peverell-Slytherin just didn't seem to understand the situation he was in. Perhaps the Aurors would drive that home, and hopefully, he wouldn't do anything stupid or say something that would implicate himself.