99

"Are you ever going to let anyone else hold him?" Myrtle asked in exasperated fondness, watching Harry walk around in a small circle shushing Sirius softly. "It's been over an hour now, give me a turn!"

Hadrian rolled his eyes, easing the baby over, "Fine, but five minutes then I want him back." Only to be met with a giggle from Myrtle, who was used to Hadrian's way. He'd been the exact same with Lucius when he was young.

"Are you going to be doing a naming ceremony for your little one?" Hadrian asked, to say he'd been ecstatic to hear that Myrtle was pregnant was putting it lightly. It wasn't widely known of course; it was her first pregnancy and they wanted to keep it quiet for a bit. Just to be on the safe side. Another term for the naming ceremony was Wiccaning or Saining, which is a Scottish term for bless, consecrate or protect. Which is exactly what Hadrian would do. He would protect his godchildren from everything even themselves.

It's primarily why the Pagan Naming Ceremony was held months after a child's birth. Back in the days when it began, they celebrated months and months later, to ensure the child would survive. It was something that was continued, in the magical world, with all the problems they had due to interbreeding they had done so long.

Some families elected not to have a Naming Ceremony at all, and not allow their child out into society until the first instance of accidental magic. Hadrian was slowly but relentlessly putting a stop to that.

Myrtle cooed lovely at Sirius, he was adorable, "Looks like he's going to have the customary grey eyes," she said in awe, "Probably, Jason is rather traditional, but I don't mind. I love the celebrations." She had loved them from the very beginning from the first ritual she'd been invited to by Hadrian and Tom all those years ago while still in school. She attended every single one she was invited to, the magic involved was...illuminating and the warmth just perfect.

If they did do this, it would be her first pagan ritual she'd hosted. Almost always, they attended the rituals at Peverell-Slytherin manor. Hadrian and Tom always hosted them. A tradition they began at sixteen and continued to this day.

Paganism was very important to the pair, and with the books that he'd written for Muggle borns coming into the magical world...it had become immensely popular, it wasn't taboo anymore. It wasn't considered 'dark' anymore. It was quite frankly

Jason Jugson had married Myrtle four years ago in a beautiful ceremony. Hadrian had of course, threatened him multiple times that if he did anything or force her into something, he'd kill him. Earning Hadrian's respect, for sticking around. He seemed entirely enamoured with her. Myrtle had grown into her looks and she was gorgeous. He had the money to make sure Myrtle had a life that wasn't one of constant struggle.

"Orion and Walburga have gone all out, it looks beautiful," Myrtle said, looking around at the tents, the lights, the food, it was extravagant to the extreme.

"Are you surprised?" Hadrian teased with a smile, as he took his godson back, well soon-to-be godson really. It was only a technical term, since 'godson' was actually a Christian term. A Pagan naming ceremony isn't a baptism. In which the 'baptism' was used to wash away the parent's original 'sin' ironic really since sex wasn't seen as a sin - if they were married - so the concept is actually insulting as well as unnecessary.

Sirius was dressed in a beautiful white gown, that had been used for generations by the family. Hadrian felt a sense of peace and calmness just holding him. Would he feel that calmness with his own child? Was it because he knew Sirius as an adult and wanted him to have a good life? As much as he had an advantage with being the Master of Death, it didn't suddenly make him an expert in his own feelings.

"Definitely not," Myrtle said dryly, since meeting and becoming friends with Hadrian, she'd learned a lot. Including just how wealthy everyone around her was, which did make her feel a little insecure and intimidated. The guys she'd dated weren't exactly rolling it in, so when Jason had begun expressing an interest in her she hadn't been sure at first. What on earth did she have to bring into a relationship? What if people thought she was only with him for his money? Those insecurities had faded away though, she'd fallen hard in a way she hadn't with her past boyfriends. She'd fallen head over heels in love. They'd married, permanently bonding themselves to one another, and had a child on the way. Which would be close in ages with Hadrian and Tom's child, she was so excited, imagining them being raised together.