15- some things never change

That night nobody slept. All of them missed their friend mate even though the other person was sleeping right beside them, they missed each other. Missed  cuddling into each other missed hugs and random fights. Nobody had slept properly.

Virat and rohit had refused to sleep at all, not even a blink. Virat was scrolling through his phones looking at all his pictures with rohit silently crying. While rohit was sitting on the couch with his face, showing no sign of hurt or anger or longing or even happiness. His face was blank. His eyes were empty with no expressions.

In the other room.

Ishan was still fuming with rage. While shubhi was crying on the balcony. He had just realised what he had done

"No....no ...no...I....the...team is divided. It's my ...fa... fault....I..." He said to himself between sobs.

Shubhi's pov

He had gotten back to his room and flopped on the bed. He let all the things sink in and with a pang in his heart he realised what he had done
"I divided the team. I started the fight. I turned ishan against me. I am the reason."  He started panicking a little he didn't want ishan to see him like this.

He stood up and went straight to the balcony. He let all his tears dry and after half an hour or so, came back to see ishan sleeping. He was trembling so shubhi decided to pull up the comforter but then.

"Don't act like you care, shubhman"  is  a familiar voice of ishan but a very distant rang in his ear. He was very mad.

"Ishu I--" he was cut by Ishan's dry tone.
"It's ishan for you" he said.

"Ok ishan please listen I was blinded by the incident you are all I have and I can't lose you. We still have time to join hands and stop all this" he said all this in one breath while fidgeting with his fingers. wanting ishan to believe what he just said and trust him

"If you would have cared for me you would have never thought of doing such a thing, stop with all your drama already" ishan replies Coldly and turns the other way, breaking eye contact with shubhi.

"Seriously ishan, I was just so tensed about you that mahi Bhai had to sit with me for an hour to make me understand that you are fine. and you think it's a drama." Shubhi said annoyed at the fact that his best friend was acting so distant with him.

"And I thought that in this whole ' the team not talking to ro bhaiya ' situation you will be sensible, but no you had to stand up and pick a side. Seriously what's wrong with you. You have become entirely fake." Ishan reasoned. His eyes show no kind of love for his best friend.

Shubhi just resisted a frown and went back to the balcony. He couldn't believe that Ishu his own Ishu had called him fake. He said that his feelings were a drama. hoping that tomorrow won't be as bad as today.

Next Day

It was 6:00 in the morning and everyone was having breakfast. Rahul sir joined them but he looked confused.

Why is jassi not fighting with Harry?
Why is shreyas not sitting next to kullya?
How come shubhi and Ishu are eating different things?
Why is jaddu not irritating all of us with his weird and scary stories of jhamnanagar? Is something wrong .

He went and sat beside Sachin. " Oy sach, yeh sabh kiya ho raha hai? Why are they acting cold?" Sachin frowned at the question. He had forgotten to tell Dravid bout the partition. He didn't know how to tell him so he decided to spill the tea after they came back from sight seeing .

All of them finished eating and boarded the bus. No one was sitting with their best friends. Jassi was sitting with shreyas, with jaddu and virat sitting in front of them. While rohit sat alone on the last seat staring out the window.