14- It's not the same

Rohit scanned through every team members eyes, all of them had the same glint of hurt and anger in their eyes. Rohit felt  responsible and guilty . the team had divided all thanks to him. 

his thoughts were given a break when coach Rahul entered the room. " he is awake, we can meet him" he said softly with a smile. everyone except for Shubhi rushed out the room to see him. shubhi didn't have the guts to see his best friend in such a state. he decided to go and talk to him  later when everyone is done. he personally didn't want anyone to see him , he wanted his ishu to be all his but......... that can't happen can it?

meanwhile in ishan's room 

he saw everyone enter with worried looks on their faces. the juniors had surrounded him so the others decided to wait. "ishan! pagal kahika tujhe pata hai how scared i was.!" kullya said walking towards ishu. "haan naa, you gave all of us a huge heart attack ishu!" shreyas spoke next. kulldeep and shreyas exchanged a quick but noticeable glare. ishan noticed .

next were was siraj who was by his side. "how do you feel? theek hai naa?" ishan just nodded to that. rahul went towards ishan and on his way he gave siraj. ishan again noticed. he was going to ask what was going on but stopped when a very concerned looking jassi"ishan,theek,hai,tu,kuch zyada,hua,nhi,naa,kaisa,lag,raha.hai,tujhe? why aren't you saying anything, don't tell me you lost your voice!!!!" jassi said all this in one breath that ishan didn't even get a chance to speak.

"he can speak only if you let him jasprit" stated harry simply . jassi just ignored his statement and looked at ishan expecting an answer. "areee jassi, bolne dega toh bolunga naa. i am fine so don't worry." ishan noticed again. how jassi ignored harry and how harry used his full name. harry went to him and talked for a while. jaddu came to him and cracked a few jokes and they laughed for a while. ishan noticed again that whenever jaddu laughed sky made a face. 

everyone met him except his best friend and his bhaiya. no one told him anything so he asked himself. "vi bhai?" he started. "haan bolo " vi said in a soft tone. "bhai where is shubhi? aya nhi mujhse milne, is he angry?" to this vi smiled a little at Ishu's innocent look. " ishu he is a little shaken by what happened, it will take time for him to see you without breaking down." vi said knowing his little kiddo. " why is he scarred off breaking down in front of me? its just me" ishan said knowing that  his best friend would never be afraid to melt before him . 

vi just shrugged not knowing how to tell ishu." bhai, where is ro bhaiya tho? i know my bhai well , he might be felling guilty for all this. its not his fault tho. you told him that right?" ishan asked again. virat clenched hus teeth at the thought of rohit. " why would i,  guess he has to handle himself well next time  we play a sport." ishan frowned at that statement. why was vi bhai talking about his best friend like this . ishan knew that something was terribly wrong. 

ok guys, please tell me whats wrong, i know there is something going on which ya'll aren't telling me. and don't deny it ok. vi bhai would never talk about ro bhai like this. shrey and kullya never glare at each other. rah bhai never gave a cold shoulder to sijju before, jassi never ignores harry bhai and he never calls jassi by the name." the whole team was at loss of words now. how could they bring up the choosing sides wala topic infront of ishan, he'd just think it's because of hm.

mahi stood up and was just about to start speaking but was interrupted by a voice at the door. "let me tell you ishu" said shubhi as he walked into the room."shubhi!!!! , kiya yaar itna late aya mere se milne" ishan exclamied while extending both his arms hoping for a hug from his best friend but shubhi held his arms and put them down. ishan frowned at this and asked "areee shubhi yaar ,ek toh late aya milne aur abh hug bhi nhi kar raha. kyuuuu?" shubhi just shook his head and said" i will hug you depending on your choice".

 "what choice?" ishan asked oblivious of all the drama that had happened. shubhi then told him everything that happened in his absence. by the end ishan was in tears. his fists were closed tightly ready to punch his best friend right in the face . 

"so............. vi bhai? or.......him" shubhi concluded.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK SHUBHI" ishan yelled at the top of his lungs , and soon after broke into uncontrollable coughs.

Meanwhile With Rohit

he couldn't face his Ishu when he knows it's all his fault. so to distract himself he stood beside Dravid sir as he spoke with the doctor about Ishan's condition."He is healthy but just as a precaution make him have these medicines i have prescribed for a week and then he is good to go!" the doctor patted dravid sir's shoulder and took his leave . 

"go check on ishan, rohit he needs you" dravid sir said and left. rohit decided that he would meet him at night before sleeping. he turned to leave but heard a 'what the actual fuck' from ishans room and then heard coughs. he ran through the corridor thinking of all posible situations and reached his room. he opened the door to see ishan not in bed but on the ground with shubhi beneath him . he had a tight grip on the others collar . rage was the only thing visible in his eyes. 

"YOU THINK DOING THIS WILL GET YOU SATISFACTION!! YOU ARE BREAKING THE TEAM SHUBHMAN" he yelled loudly.

"YES, you don't know how important this is ishu.... please just go with the flow'" jaddu spoke making both of them stand up." GO WITH THE FLOW?,YOU FUCKING WANT ME TO SUPPORT YA'LL WHEN YOU ARE BREAKING THE TEAM" ishan yelled again. he then noticed his bhai's presence and calmed down a bit. " you want me to go with flow right" ishan scofed rudely. he turned towards shubhman and spoke quietly.  

"I choose ro bhaiya." ishan said while tears streamed down his face. 

Rohit just stood there rooted in his position. he saw everyone staring at their best friends. he found himself looking into virat's  eyes too, as he stared at his. he couldn't help but shed some tears as he remembered  how close each one was with their best friend and how the tables have suddenly changed

 Harry always supported jassi through his hard times. and jassi was the only one harry opened to but it's not the same now. It has always been Jaddu and jaddu only who could make  sky smile when he felt low, and sky was the only one with whom jaddu let down all his walls and and now look at them . sijju always  looked up to his rah bhai and it was impossible for anyone to scold siraj even in a casual manner whenever rahul was present and now look at those two. 

 Shreyas was so overprotective of his Kullya that nobody could dare say they wanted to sit beside him  . kullya was like the wise elder brother to shrey who used to allways trip and fall or get hurt but now look at them. even in his wildest dreams did shubhi ever think of raising his voice in front of ishu, and ishu trusted shubhi with his every decision blindly. but now look at them. mahi bhai never in his entire life would turn against his kiddo's or his sachin paaji. and sachin paaji had always corrected mahi if he was doing anything wrong, but he didn't this time.

lastly.... him and vi.. his vi..... they had been friends from a decade and had gone through highs and lows. they trusted each other, they were each other's comfort zone ,and never in their seven lives would they ever blame each other. but it isn't the same anymore.

it's not the same......