1: mistake

Australia vs India final World Cup match 2023

It was India's batting first
Rohit was the opening batsman alongside Virat both smirking when they stepped on the field

After 8 overs virat could swear he saw rohit limping while running he shoved it aside and decided to continue they had to win this match he thought ' I'll ask him later'

Virat was the one batting he had 98 runs and was just two runs ahead from his century the century which he was dreaming of achieving. His 49th century if he ran just 2 runs he would be leveling to Sachin Tendulkar's world record.
He hit the bat and ran as fast as he could he turned back only to see rohit distracted . He looked at him and ran but alas he was run out

Virat was so mad at him it made his blood boil but he stayed calm all he wanted was for India to win and he trusted rohit enough.

Next went shreyas he got out on 36
Shubman at 17 and so on . It was so that India had lost all nine wickets. Only Rohit was left, their last hope .

Rohit had scored a good 109 runs which was less according to the balls . There were still around 15 overs left . They all together had scored only 205 runs and needed almost 350 and above to ensure that the Australians wouldn't score so easily

Rohit played well and by the end of it he scored 245 runs in total they were all so happy for him 396 runs in total when..

Rohit dropped to the ground exhausted maxwell who was Rohit's friend came by his side and helped him stretch

All the members were on the ground to see to it that he was okay he just nodded a yes and got up saying he needed to score four more runs

Everyone tried to argue but he just got up and said " it's not for me it's for India "

And went back to his stance   he hit a 4 just then and on the next ball he hit a 6 but the ball went right into the fielder's hand .  He got out

Dressing room

"Ro Bhai!!!" Jassi ran and hugged him tight rohit flinched slightly and hugged with the same enthusiasm.

Shreyas - gosh jassi stop he's exhausted let him sit atleast.

Kuldeep: Bhai ye log Pani

Kuldeep handed rohit a glass of water which he gulped in a go.

"Do you have cramps or anything I mean if you do go rest we can manage the field "
Virat said not looking him in the eye

"Vi I'm sorry for that run out "
"It's ok captain" said Virat going back to his room .

Rohit just sighed knowing that Virat wanted that century badly. He composed himself and got up only to fall on the floor with a loud thud .

Bhai ! Ro! Everyone rushed to him he just nodded and showed a thumbs up .

"Don't worry I just tripped I'm fine " rohit said looking at their worried faces

No you aren't you need rest rohit you will get sick at this point . Jaddu said

The whole team agreed . They all knew how rohit was always under pressure as a captain.

"Guys seriously I am the captain I have to be on the field now stop talking and concentrate on the bowling strategy"

Everyone sighed and listened to what rohit was bickering about the bowling strategy and how the had to win this no matter what .

After a while they were on the field ready for the competition. All they had to do was not let them take the runs .

But little did they now that Australia had good batsmen

Only the last two overs were left and Australia was only 10 runs away from completing the goal .

Jadejas amazing balling had gotten them to only the last four balls were left just then maxwell hit a six which would not have gotten so far to be a six so as the ball was coming to the ground rohit ran as fast as he could

Just as he could reach the to catch the ball something happened which the rest couldn't get as he fell hard missing the ball as it touched the boundary and Australia scored a four .

Rohit on the other hand just rubbed his face he could feel the cold glares of his fans and the team . He got up determined to catch if the next ball came towards him .

Just as if the gods heard his wish another six from maxwell came towards him .

But...