4: what happened to you

Rohit was in his room crying miserably with his knees to his chest and his face in his palms . He couldn't stop himself but think of how he failed

Rohit's pov

'I shouldn't have done all of this I ......i..should have caught the ball . I shouldn't have drank so much.  Bhai is disappointed in me. I told Virat to get lost .......and worst of all ......I..I... failed..... failed as a captain......I failed as a cricketer.....I failed....I failed....I.....I...'

And there he was crying again these thoughts romed around in his head for about an hour, before one thought clicked in his mind

'What the hell am I doing. Crying like a baby while my team is outside grieving over our loss. As a captain it is my duty to console them . I first will have to apologise to Bhai for breaking the promise.'

Rohit somehow managed to get up with the immense pain in his thigh and limped outside. Just as he thought of going to Mahi Bhai's room he saw jaddu with kuldeep . His heart started to race with the speed of light..

' shit , I can't I can't face them like this oh god why are you doing this to me '

their eyes met and rohit couldn't find the courage in him to talk to them so he turned on his heel and ran towards the other side.

He stopped once he was at the hotel's garden . He bent down while painting hard and clutched his thigh . After a while he caught his breath and stood straight. He looked up and saw just what he needed .

"Mahi Bhai" he called as the elder turned back to see him .

"What are you do---" mahi was caught off-guard as rohit ran towards him and hugged him tight

"I'm . I'm...sorry ....I'm . sorry Bhai I ... couldn't help ...... couldn't....I .I.....just... couldn't......I'm ..sor..sorry...Bhai .....I..."

He couldn't continue as he broke out into sobs. Mahi Bhai wanted to console him but didn't. He didn't even hug him back .

When rohit didn't feel bhai's arms around him he couldn't help but break the hug and look at him with his swollen red eyes.

Mahi- you promised us Ro you promised us to never drink. You disappointed me rohit .

Mahi turned around at left . Just as he was about to go inside he heard a loud thud. He turned around to see rohit on his knees clutching the left side of his chest .

Mahi  - ROHIT. Ro kya hua ro...

"Mahi.....ma..mah...mahi....Bhai..I....I..... didn't.....I .. didn't.......mean......I...so...sor...sorry....ugh ..I..I'm....not.....no......I .....yes....I ....disa... disap.... pointed....you...I. .... deserve ..hell...I ...I am.."
rohit was breathing hard by this point . Mahi bent down and started rubbing circles hoping it would help but it didn't.
Mahi saw rohit was hyperventilating and was not aware of his surroundings. He was somehow trapped in his own mind and emotions.

Mahi didn't know how to help his little ro so all he did was hug him tight and say whatever rohit wanted to

"Shh baccha you don't deserve hell kiddo, I am proud of you ro , and it's ok I am not disappointed ro. You know you mean the world to me right. Please calm down kiddo I can't see you like this "

" No ....I ..... really......mah...Bhai..."

"Yea ro you are very important ro, important for me important for your family for your team "

Even after all those consoling words rohit didn't calm down .

"Ok ro I want you to listen to my voice ok?"

Rohit didn't respond

"Ro!" Mahi called and shook his shoulder a little. Rohit nodded in a yes.

"Ok breath in ..... 3.2.1.. breath out "

Rohit did exactly what he was told and after a good half hour he calmed down and dozed of on mahi's shoulder .

Mahi gently picked him up and went inside . He was near his room when he saw Harry near Rohit's room worry clearly visible on his face . His eyes lit up when he saw mahi but as soon as that happened the concern came back as he saw rohit on mahi's back.

Harry- mahi Bhai! Kiya hua ro bhaiya ko ? Is he ok kuch hua kiya Bhai please say he is ok

Mahi- Haan bacha he is fine just asleep.

Harry- I can see trace of tears on his face matlab kuch toh hua hai. He is sensitive but he never cries so easily

Mahi- Haan woh toh hai. I want to talk to you about something meet me in my room ok !

Harry- ok, I'll get jassi to

Mahi- do that

Mahi placed rohit on his bed and pulled the comforter up till his chin and sat beside him

Mahi- why are you like this ro what happened to you , my ro doesn't trust me

Mahi said to Rohit's sleeping figure . He held on to ro's hand and cried . Why dose ro not trust him enough to tell him when something is wrong

Why? What happened