2: disappointed

As the ball came towards rohit he saw Virat's face looking with a glint he smiled and felt a pang in his heart . He had to catch this no matter what .

But again his thigh got stiff and he missed the ball . Resulting in the Australians winning the world cup .

Rohit clutched his leg his face scrunched due to the immense pain. hardik saw this and came by Rohit's side .

"Bhai theek ho na kiya hua is your leg hurting too much" hardik's voice was full of concern .

"No kiddo I'm fine just tripped " rohit said not wanting to tell the truth

"Bhai it's ok chalo get up let's go to the dressing room " jassi said picking rohit by his arm

"God jassi I am fine kuch nhi hua hai mujhe bas trip kar gaya " rohit said while shaking jassi's hand and going to the dressing room .

Just as rohit entered the room everyone stopped talking and looked at him . Anger in each one of their eyes .

Rohit was extremely hurt to see their disappointed faces he didn't know what to say

"I am very sorry I missed that catch " rohit said looking at his feet .

Kuldeep - sure you are

Shreyas - you knew how important it was why the hell did you miss the catch .

Shubhman - we were one wicket away from winning Bhai .

Virat - guys Don't blame him please. We know how much he wanted to score a century so much that he run me out . And on top of that missed two crucial catches . But of course ro ki kiya galti hai . Board ki hai that they decided to make such a lazy person as captain.

Jaddu - he didn't even run fast.

Ishan - huh why are you our captain . It's all your fault

Hearing those words from his team gave him excruciating pain he did after all disappoint everyone

"I-- I'm..so...so..sorry I...I .... didn't... didn't mean to " rohit said between chocked voices

He ran off to his room and locked the door and slumped down on the floor crying miserably . He closed the curtains took out a bottle of expensive wine from the cupboard. He sat and drank

Meanwhile in the dressing room

Jassi - guys aise kyu bola tum sabne u all saw how hurt he was.

Harry - chod de jassi they don't care . Tum log itne bure ho sakte ho socha nhi tha maine.

Virat- guys stop ok I don't wanna talk about him

Jassi- Bhai aap toh unke best friend the did you not feel bad when you said that to him.

"What did you say to ro cheeku " mahi Bhai said entering the the dressing room

Jassi and Harry narrated the whole incedent to mahi Bhai

"I'm my god cheeku you know how sensitive he is yet u said that " mahi scolded Virat knowing well what he did was wrong.

"And you guys supported him" mahi said looking to the other team members. All of them looked down at that time of mahi .

"Harry, jassi where is ro I will meet him personally " mahi said looking at the two of them

" Bhai it's been 3 hours he hasn't come out " jassi complaint worrying his bout his Bhai.

" Jassi kiddo he needs time woh agar aur 1 hour Tak andar Raha toh mein reception se key lekar andar gus jaunga thik hai ?" Mahi assured jassi and Harry

Rohit's room

Rohit had already drank 3 bottles by now and was smoking . He turned on his phone and searched his name . He scrolled through the phone when one headline caught his eye even in his drunk state.

The captain of the Indian team fixed the world Cup finals and as he was bribed by maxwell to lose on purpose he is a terrible captain.

I......... I...  Did.... didn't........it.. wasn't... me

Rohit managed to say before everything went black .

Dinner table

Harry- Bhai please dekho na ro Bhai ko it has been almost the whole day he didn't have lunch or breakfast. Please Bhai mujhe bohot tension ho raha hai.

Mahi Bhai - what! Usne subhe Sai kuch khaya nhi ?

Jassi - no Bhai aur mahi Bhai apne bola ki woh agar 1 hour mein nhi aya toh aap use dekhne jaoge why didn't you--

Kuldeep - MAHI BHAI

Kuldeep shouted while running to him which caught everyone off guard

Mahi Bhai - kiya hua kuldeep why are you shouting .

Kuldeep - mahi Bhai aap ko yeh dekhna padega look what the net says bout ro bhai.

Kuldeep handed him the phone . Mahi read the headlines with wide eyes the others checked their phones and read the same thing everyone felt worried and sorry for rohit.  They also felt very guilty for saying that to him .

Mahi Bhai - oh god shit this is a mess . What do we do what if rohit already read this .

Virat - and what if it's true ?

Jassi - what the actual fuck Virat . Do you seriously think ro bhai would do this . DO YOU HAVE ANY idea bout how much stressed he was before this match .

Mahi Bhai - stop the drama both of you . I will go check and see if rohit is okay .