6- because of him

Virat's POV

This was the 12th time I had ignored BCCI'S phone. God why are they calling me when rohit is the captain. With the last ring I picked up the phone. Just as I thought.... They wanted me to contact rohit and tell him to attend the press conference. I don't know where he is so I thought it would be better to ask Harry about his whereabouts as he and jassi have been sticking to him like glue.

I went to his room but it seemed like he wasn't there. I was turning to leave when I spotted Harry sniffing. This was suspicious was he crying !

"Harry! Where the hell is rohit? He needs to go to the press conference! The BCCI are killing me because he isn't picking up! God! He is a headache, ugh!"  I don't know why I am even bothered about that person. I came to apologise to him but he just shooed me from there. Is this all I was in his life? Was I really not that important, was I just another teammate?
I don't know and I don't care at all.(or does he now)

Harry told me to ask mahi Bhai so I headed to his room I saw rohit near the door peaking inside. Were his eyes red?, I couldn't see due to the hoodie he was wearing . Wait I was going to end things why am I worried. I guess old habits die hard .🤷

Well then I saw him running in the other direction and I tried calling him but he didn't listen . So all that I could do was run after him .  I reached the end of my journey when he went inside his room. Seems like he didn't notice me running after him.

"Rohit! Listen to me " I knocked the door but no response. I was about to leave when I heard the door opening

"Hey! How are you here need anything?" He said in his usual tone. Wasn't he crying a few hours ago! Hah why do I care. He doesn't care about me so why should I!

"Umm the BCCI called, you are late for the press conference so I came to tell you to go that's it "

"Oh!" I could have sworn on my life that I saw the colour of his face fall . Was he seriously ok.......

Ugh! Why am I thinking about it it's not like he will tell me anything.

Rohit just left without a word . Odd but doesn't matter , it doesn't matter to u Virat it doesn't matter.

Rohit's pov

I ran after I saw jassi crying but I also heard footsteps behind me
Oh god I guess someone saw me runing ugh who could it be , kuldeep? Shreyas? Who? Ugh I can't think of... Wait is it ,....

"Rohit! Listen to me." Oh god just as I thought, it was Vi damn life what do I do. Ok let's act normal act normal rohit act normal.

I opened the door with Virat standing right in front of me. "Hey,how are you here you need anything?" I tried to talk the way I usually do but Gosh I sound so pathetic. I didn't even listen to whatever he was saying before one word clicked my mind . Press conference

Oh god if anything was worse I started panicking again .I can't let Virat see me like this so I just left from there and went to Harry's room . I didn't even have to knock he just opened the door.

Harry - Ro bhai! Kiya hua you need anything?

Rohit- wa .....wat ...water

Harry- what happened!!!...wait come inside first.

Hardik got rohit inside and made him sit on the sofa. He gave him a glass of water and sat beside him rubbing circles in his back. Rohit calmed down and turned towards Harry.

Harry- "Feeling better?"

Rohit- "Yeah.....thanks"

Harry- "It's fine, what happened"

Rohit - press conference.

Harry- don't worry Bhai I will come with you ok , you don't have to worry ,if you don't want to answer a question just look at me ok?

Rohit had tears in his eyes hearing those words from his kiddo, his chota baccha is all big now taking care of him and consoling him. It's almost funny.

Rohit just engulfed Harry in a hug and whispered a' thank you' in Harry's ear and in response Harry just smiled and hugged him back.

After a while both of them walked into mahi's room and were startled to see jassi sleeping, his head on mahi Bhai's lap while mahi Bhai was sleeping with hi head resting on the wall.

A faint smile could be seen on Rohit's face but it quickly turned into a frown as he remembered why jassi was crying

Because of him!