Chapter 22

"Yes, John! of course I will move in with you!!!" Ashlynn exclaimed.

It had been three months since the death of Alice/the get together of Ash and John. Oliver still didn't like it.

"Really? I hope your dad is ok with it." John looked at Oliver who reluctantly nodded and smiled.

She was in good hands. And he trusted Gunther to keep them in line. Oliver looked at Ethan and Clint. Ethan didn't look like a happy camper, on the other hand, Lucy looked thrilled.

Ashlynn ran into the house and grabbed her bags out of the guest room and put them in the trunk of Johns squad car.

Jaylene gave her a hug, "I'll miss ya sweets, but I'm going to love that new room. It beats sharing the living room with Owen."

"Hey! I don't do anything." Said Owen.

"Owen, how many times did I have to say 'go away, I'm not going to go out with you.' last night?"

"Only three."

"You say that like it's an improvement." Said Ashlynn.

"It is." Said Jaylene with an eyeroll, "Now go get your man."

John drove down to Gunthers house and helped move Ashlynns stuff in. Mike greeted her with a hug. His smile was almost the size of his face.

"Ashlynn!" Cried Anna running in from the other room.

Then Ashlynn was bombarded by two children who refused to let go. For a ten and an eleven year old they sure where heavy.

"Alright kidos. Dog pile over. Come on leave her alone. We don't want to break her." Said John.

"Yeah because if her fingers are broken then-" Anna started before Mike coverd her mouth.

"Then what?" Asked Ashlynn.

"Then I wont be able to hold you hand." Said John taking her hand and kissing it.

Mike winked at his dad. Nice save, pops. He thought. John felt the ring in his jacket. All he needed now was a place to hide it. That was the hard part.

Clint came upstairs and smiled at Ashlynn. She smiled back ofcourse. That's what John loved the most about her, aside from the fact that she could make his toes curl and head spin in under ten minuets.

Ashlynn gave John a peck on the cheeck then went to their room to unpack. John rubbed where she had kissed him. Then smiled.

"I remember when Ethan and I where like that." Said Clint with a sigh, "Now, we just kinda."

"Right." Said John.

"Well, how is the proposal prep going? Do you have the whole speech? The place?" Clint looked excited.

"I was thinking about on the porch under the stars. How's that?"

"What are you going to say?"

"I'm going to say, 'Ashlynn I love you, and I will until the world ends. I need you. I want you. And now I have the chance to have you.' Then I'm going to pull out the ring and say 'Ashlynn. Please marry me.' How's that?"

Clint was in tears, "Honey, I'd marry you right now!"

"It's that good?"

"It's better then how I did it. Then again you have an unfair advantage."

"How's that?"

"You have the whole, 'the world is ending and this is the last place to find love' thing going for you."

"Do you think she'll say yes?"

"Did you see her face light up when you asked her to move in? I thought you popped the question right then."

John took out the ring and looked down at it. Then Clint gave him a look and he put it back. Just in time to because Ashlynn just wrapped her arms stound him.

He turned and gave her a hug. He could smell her hair. It smelt so good. And the way she fit in his arms. Perfect.

"Hey, so I was wondering if you wanted to go on a walk with me?" She asked him.

"Sure. I'd love to. Clint, can you watch Mike?"

Clint nodded, "Now you to love birds go fly." He said.

He almost sounded like Todd Chrisley, his voice. God his voice.

Ahslynn took Johns hand and they went walking down to the pond. They made small talk and threw in random 'I love you's and 'God you beautiful/handsome!'s. It was precious.

It was also late in the day and kinda cool. Then they got to the pind and Ashlynns face brightened up like the sun.

"Let's go swim!" She said.

"What?"

"Yeah! Come one! It'd be fun!"

"We don't have suits."

She smiled, "I know."

"Well I don't want to get my underwear all wet and-oh. I see now."

They stripped off what they had and swam in the pond. Well, swam for a little while, then Ashlynn swam real close to John.

"Hey, John."

"What?"

"You know what this puts me in the mood for."

His eyes widend, "Are you sure?"

"It's dark. No one will see us. And if your quite no one will hear."

"Honey, I was born quite."

And with that they made love in the pond. This ain't the first time this pond's gotten more than a swim in it, so don't feel to bad.