QUE SUSTO*

*What a scare

Unfortunately, Lee didn't appear at the party by magic. It would have been too good, but sometimes the perfect rom-com moment doesn't play out. Still, Sana was curious to know how Rekus got there. Michael wasn't far, but the man remained on her no-no list.

No matter how hard she tried, Sana found it challenging to befriend the man. All blamed Keela, but they were two tango, and Micheal was the only one to have suffered minimal damage from their story. Sana decided to enjoy the set and wait for Rekus break to ask.

"Lewis."

Yes, the DJ's name was Lewis.

"Oh, Sana, how are you?"

"I'm good. What are you doing here?" Sana asked.

"Your company begged Lee, who just threw me on a plane and told me to keep an eye on you for him. You know him; he isn't one to beg."

Sana nodded, "Yeah, it sounds like Lee, for sure. It must be a total bore for you, though. Corporate gigs are never fun."

"Nah, I enjoy seeing people have fun on my music. Are you enjoying yourself, Sana?"

"Eh," Sana thought about it. The idea of having to think about whether she was having fun implicitly implied she wasn't. "ㅡIt's business as usual for me."

"Sana."

Sana turned to find Gemma.

"Aren't you going to introduce me?" Gemma said, making big eyes at her.

"Gemma, this is Lewis, aka Rekus."

"Hi, nice to meet you. I love your music," Gemma said with all the enthusiasm she had in stock. "Your beats are just the best."

"Thanks," Rekus said, swaying a hand at the back of his neck. Despite their appearance, he was the shy guy who preferred playing with his vinyl to running after women. His hard work paid off. It was women who ran after him now.

Gemma was no exception as she attested to her battering eyelashes and honey-softened voice.

"I need to get back to my set. It was good seeing you, Sana." The man fled, and Sana understood why. She wondered if all women who flirted with men looked this desperate. Sana looked around her; the beach suddenly seemed filled with flirtatious people.

Everyone seemed to want to get with someone, while all Sana could think of was Lee. The verdict was clear: Not only was she not enjoying herself, but she was also not on board with anything.

She decided to call it a night and left the party. Sana was so over her job and colleagues that she dreaded spending another day with them. Suddenly, she wondered if the reflection didn't make her a wrong person. Perhaps not, but she felt ungrateful.

The woman sighed as she opened the door to her room. She was about to pop in her room key in its slot to turn the lights on when someone placed their hands over her eyes.

"Ahhh," Sana screamed, elbowing the person and stepping on their foot before turning towards the door.

"Fucking hell Sana, it's me," Lee yelled.

"Lee," Sana hurried to turn on the lights only to find the man on his knees, holding his rib cage.

"What are you doing here?"

"I missed you, so I thought I could join Rekus' convoy. Didn't he tell you?"

"No, he said you sent him over; oh, gosh, Lee," Sana said, kneeling beside him. She grasped his face to kiss him.

"I hope you've got a huge stock of those, for a few kisses won't be enough," Lee said.

Sana made a meow face, "Sorry, I know having sex with my periods relieves cramps, but it's not my thing."