CROCODILE TEARS

"Are you sure your parents aren't pissed about us not coming over?"

"No, Lee, knowing my parents, they probably left for some exotic location for the weekend," Sana replied as she posed her mug and sat on the sofa.

Sana wasn't far off. Her parents quickly reserved a weekend in Deauville after spending the week on Roland Garros tennis courts to watch the matches.

"Good, because I don't want them to think I'm avoiding them or something," Lee said.

For once, he met parents who appreciated him. Lee didn't want his efforts ruined.

Lee smiled at himself as he thought how indifferent he was to Sana and how living without her was unthinkable now.

"Why are you smiling?"

"I was thinking when you showed up with your plumber dungarees for the inventory," Lee replied.

Sana facepalmed, "Lee, please don't bring up such files," said the woman as an embarrassment surge swept over her.

Lee turned to the side to face her, "you don't wear them anymore. I haven't seen them since."

"Of course, you haven't. I'm not going to wear something that will have you ventilate me with your puns."

The man reflected a second and realized he probably fell for her when he saw her in that attire. It was the first time he looked at a woman since his divorce without wanting to blast her off the face of the earth. Sana seemed so inoffensive in her dungarees. If were truth were told, Lee would admit he would have wanted Sana to give him a free hug.

Sana had the impression it was the first time she saw his lips curve. The last forty-four hours were a nightmare, and there everything fell back into place in appearance. The moment had that calm-after-the-storm effect Sana wished would last.

"Didn't they say anything at work?" Lee asked.

Sana shrugged and took a sip of her Yuzu cha before saying, "I told them I wasn't feeling well."

Sana omitted to say it wasn't HR but Olaf who called her. She didn't want to add spice and have Lee back in the hospital. Neither did the woman ask what Lee wanted to do about his vasectomy. All Sana knew was she would stand by any decision he made.

She wanted to have kids but didn't wish to impose anything on Lee. Only Lee could know what he needed. It was his body.

Could she live without having children?

Sana didn't know because she never asked herself the question. She thought she wouldn't need to, but she was in a situation where some reflection wasn't a vagary.

Where many would stay in bed or laze about in pajamas and robes, Lee acted like everything was okay. Sana wished to tell him he didn't front, but she knew his reasons.

The man didn't wish Dylan to worry as he did when he divorced. Again Lee carried the cross, and Sana just wanted to denounce Camille's actions.

Speaking of the woman, Camille wondered what she was doing, but Janet refused to answer her calls. When she tried to call her parents, Janet's mother said she hadn't seen her.

She didn't want to call her mother for advice. The woman had done enough by standing by her during her coming out. Yes, Camille's mom pepper-sprayed with words anyone who criticized her daughter.

Camille promised to be happy and live a quiet life for her mom's sake.

How did her life become such a riot?

Why did everything have to get so twisted?

Where could Janet be?

Ding, dong.