SELFISH

*Sensitive chapter: My apologies for the excessive swearing.*

Camille opened the door, "Lee."

The man barged passed, "what did I do to you?"

"Hello, to you too, Lee."

"WHAT DID I FUCKING DO TO YOU, CAMILLE?"

It wasn't the greeting she expected. The woman clenched her fist. She had heard Lee yell but never roar. The man's wrath reached its climax. His voice sent chills up and down her spine.

"Lee, please, calm down."

"BECAUSE YOU FUCKING THINK I CAN CALM DOWN WHEN I JUST FOUND OUT YOU GOT INSEMINATED WITH MY FUCKING SEMEN. HOW CAMILLE? HOW? ㅡWasn't holding us prisoners of our marriage enough for you? You cheated on me and left me. WASN't, it enough? ㅡYou ripped apart our family. I went into therapy, and I don't even know where my boy's mental state stands. Now this, how dare you. ㅡI had to tell Sana I had a vasectomy. Perhaps we won't be able to have kids, and YOU STOLE MY OPTION."

"I didn't steal it. You gave them. You said I could take them if and when I felt I wanted another child," Camille said as she advanced in her hall.

"I fucking said it when you were mine."

The woman stopped in her tracks and turned to face him. Lee wasn't angry he was furious.

"Those are my spermatozoids, and I gave my wife access to them." Lee pointed at her, "you lost your right to touch them the moment you cheated on me and decided to marry Janet."

"You gave them to me. You signed, Lee," Camille blurted.

"No, I bloody didn't. Where are all the pricks you two gathered in your bollock farm, huh? Weren't you supposed to get milk from them? Why come after my dairy?"

Camille shook her head, "because I didn't want my child to have those idiot's genes."

The woman didn't wish that the slightest. Camille detested the way most of Janet's acquaintances carried themselves. There was only one man she was sure of, and Lee was the man.

"So you thought, hey, I've still got that idiot's stuffing, never mind if we're divorced. Why not get me a good spoon to stuff my vulva."

"Love the analogy, Lee, bravo. What finesse," Camille said and clapped.

"You don't have the slightest respect for any man, do you? You just see the cisgender white male you detest. You're a fucking misandrist."

The jarring stare Camille gave Lee could have frozen the man on the spot if the heat of his anger didn't throb through every vein.

How come he never saw it?

The evidence was there right before Lee's eyes. Perhaps the woman never considered him at all.

"I thought you didn't want another child. How come you're willing to take such risks," Lee asked.

"Janet wants a baby, and I want one with her," Camille replied in such a poised manner Lee wished to slap them off her face.

"You could have had the fucking decency to ask. Oh, I forgot," Lee said, slapping his forehead, "I'm just a fucking guinea pig, aren't I?"

"Oh please, Lee. You would have said no," Camille replied and crossed her arms.

Lee repeatedly nodded, "Yes, I bloody would have refused. It's my fucking right to say no in these circumstances, don't you think?"

"I called, though. Two weeks ago, I even sent a message. I was going to ask you. I really was, but you played pig-headed and refused to reply," Camille said and threw her hands in the air.