FAITHLESS

Lee's phone waddled and humped passed his alarm clock. It almost reached the edge of the nightstand when Lee decided to answer.

"I told you to accept my call," the voice at the other end said.

"Can you please stop calling? I can't get no sleep."

Makena chuckled. Lee's words reminded her of the lyrics of Insomnia by Faithless.

"Glad to hear I can still make you laugh. Talk to you another time Makena," Lee said as he got ready to press on end call.

"Lee, please don't hang up," Makena paced to her living window and gazed at Tower Bridge.

"Why shouldn't I?" Lee asked.

"Let's talk. I want to talk to you."

Lee sat up, "ㅡlisten, I don't know what going on in your mind, but please keep me out of your plans. I need anything but someone like you in the picture right now."

His life wasn't in shambles. It was just a bit jiggled by his Ex-wife, rebel teen son, and skittish girlfriend. It was two times nothing and enough. Lee didn't need to add Catherine Tramell in the mix for a Basic Instinct remake.

He was too old for such bull. Lee preferred having his eyeballs gobbled by crows than getting entangled with Makena.

How weird it was to see how a third party always appeared any time there was some gas in a relationship. It was as though God became Dj for a short lapse of time and decided to remix everything and everyone in a game of musical chairs.

Lee was vigilant. Unlike Michael, he didn't think that crying in another woman's bosom would sort out his issues in any way. On the contrary, the earth would crack open, and all would plunge into obscurity.

"I was glad to see you, Leeㅡ."

The man sighed and wiped his eyes, "so was I, bye Makena."

No, he wasn't taking the bait.

Makena still attracted him. Hence he didn't need a degree as a rocket scientist to know that Makena would fabricate a door out of any breach to let herself into his life.

Makena stared at her phone and smiled. Lee was of the faithful lot. He never maintained friendships with the opposite sex when with someone. Makena guessed part of the man's reaction was due to the fact he wasn't single.

Fair enough, she wasn't blown off. No, instead, Makena wondered how long it would take her to snatch him from whoever occupied the spot.

Lee fell back on his pillow. The call came off like an interlude to a nightmare.

The man didn't give Makena a second thought. He closed his eyes and hoped to meet Sana in his dreams.

In the meantime, on the Isle of Wight, Sana found herself taking a stroll on the beach with Olaf after depositing the pregnancy test.

"Oh, wow, it's freezing."

"Here, take this," Olaf said as he removed his jacket and placed it on Sana's shoulders.

"Thank you."

What else could she say, huh?

Sana found herself in the exact situation Lee dreaded and that she wished to avoid.

Again she preferred to dump her lack of discernment and protest on someone else. If only Hollie had accepted she stayed to tend to her, Sana would not have been prey to a walk in the dark with Olaf.

Olaf observed her from the corner of his eye. She was so polite, he thought.

"I'm sorry about today, Sana," the man began.