FOR YOU

"Hi Sana, you wanted to see me."

"Yes, come in, Bea," Sana gestured her hand in the chair's direction, "have a seat. I just wanted to do a little catch-up with you."

"Did I do something wrong?" Bea asked.

"No, no, it's just it's been a while. We survived our Christmas peak trading period. The store is quite calm now, and I thought it was a good moment."

Bea nodded as she took a seat.

Sana smiled, "so, how are you feeling?" she asked in her usual cheerful voice.

"Exhausted by Christmas, but good and ready for the Winter sales."

Sana was the type of manager who made one feel at ease. Her words were balanced and never out of order, even when the remarks she made were legit.

"I'm pleased with the work you've done. Stop me if I'm wrong, but I feel you're more comfortable in your position."

"Yes, I am."

Sana's former assistant had left to open a vegan bakery. Bea was a senior sales assistant when Sana became store manager.

They had worked together to help Bea step up from her senior sales role. Finally, Bea endorsed the position of assistant. Sana was happy for her. She had the impression the woman's achievement was also hers.

"I'm happy to hear that," Sana pursued. The frown on Beas's face dissipated, and her shoulders posture laid back. She was ready to receive whatever Sana had to say.

"There might be a store manager opening soon. I wanted to know if being a store manager corresponded to your professional forecast and if it still ranked in your ambitions."

A huge smile sketched on Bea's lips, "of course definitely. The only thing is I can't leave Paris. I mean, if the position is elsewhere."

"Oh, it's here, I mean, here, here," Sana empathized.

Bea looked around the room, "like in the building?"

"Like in the store," Sana added while nodding.

Bea's eyes widened as she suddenly realized, "Sana, no. Where are you going?"

"I have an interview scheduled on Teams tomorrow. If all goes well, I might be gone within a month."

"Wait a minute; you're resigning?"

"No, HQ might transfer me. If it doesn't work out, I'llㅡ," Sana stopped again; she questioned herself before saying, "ㅡI'll resign."

Love.

The sentiment was odd, wonderful, and frightening. Sana was scared; her knees wobbled every time she thought of leaving. Yet without fail, Lees' face popped up like a virtual advisor on a website with its how-can-I-help-you chatbox.

One thing was sure she was willing to risk it all for Lee.

Bea scrutinized Sana's expression. Her manager wasn't an example of temerity. If there were a free ticket for a round trip in eighty days, Sana would probably give it away. Thus Sana's plans intrigued Bea, "what will you do?"

Sana wasn't one to make a secretive state affair of her business. She gave a straightforward answer, "Lee asked me to move in with him, and I want to. I really want to."

"Wow, can't believe you got with a Regional."

"Oh, please don't say it that way. It sounds a little sleazy. Besides, Lee isn't in the company anymore."

Of course, her team wasn't aware of their beer fest beginnings. All they had in mind was a man who came to do an inventory and fell head over heels for their manager wearing her Luigi plumber green overalls.