TEENS AND GENES

Lee and Sana went home. Dylan slept when they snuggled up to sleep. There was no makeup sex but a suffocating embrace. Lee held Sana in till dawn while they slept in a fetal position. He whiffed the scent of Sana's shampoo and skin.

The man couldn't let go of what they had; Sana was too essential. A baby wasn't at the order of the day, but Lee wasn't going to wait for the desire to have a child to manifest itself to seek solutions. He loved Sana, and if there was someone he wished to mix his genes with, it was her.

Sana woke up early but not early enough as she found her breakfast ready. She sat down as usual for the morning feast signed by her lover.

"Lee, you don't have to do this, you know?"

"What are you talking about?" The man asked.

"I mean cutting your sleep and waking up to make breakfast for me every day," Sana said.

"I have nothing else to do except going to the studio and making music. I can at least cook and clean. Besides, it distresses me."

If only her mother had heard this, Sana thought. Indian traditions had women doing most, see all of the house chores. With Lee, Sana saw her life at home take a pleasant turn. Housekeeping was when she wanted, Lee was a tidy man, and it rubbed off on Dylan, who had an obsession for clean bathrooms and toilets.

There were no spitting specks of toothpaste on the bathroom mirror, no stagnant droplets of water on sinks, and no urine on the toilet seat. Sana didn't even find the toilet seat lifted once.

Did Lee and Dylan put it down each time?

Sana was impressed until she caught Lee peeping the door open once.

The man was seated.

"What, I pee seated. It's more comfortable, and it prevents having a fountain of piss and droplets from hitting the ceiling. Also, it avoids having to put the seat up and down. Is it a crime?"

Sana later found out it was actually better for men to pee sitting down. It allows them to empty their bladder better and helps those with a prostrating condition.

Yes, Lee was a man from a batch of his own.

For Sana, who used to come home from work to cook, set the washing machine and find resources to entertain Winston. Now she almost procrastinated. She had to admit that the lesser calorie intake regime she had to maintain to keep her figure exhausted her at the time.

"It's just, I feel as though you're up for my sake."

"I am; I don't want to miss you in the morning," the man said and deposited a kiss on her forehead.

Things were back to normal, or were they?

Konbini sneered as he entered the kitchen with Dylan, who sat down and didn't give Sana a second glance.

"Morning, Dylan," Sana said, only to be ignored.

"Oy, Dylan, she's talking to you."

"Morning," the boy replied and poured milk on his cereals.

Konbini watched the scene with a glint in its eyes as she licked herself good job, young master. She'll be gone with your cold shoulder treatment in no time, thought the cat.

The boy threw a shade on the breakfast as he kept quiet while Lee explained the next venue Reekus had planned. "It's a complete live set, old school style with a vinyl blend. So I'll help him."

"Oh, wow, I'll get to see you mix."

"You want to come."

Sana cocked a brow, "Is that a question?"