~ Chapter 14 ~ The End Of A Relationship?

~ Neuvillette's Perspective ~

As I was about to leave my house, when I thought on how Wriothesley would react on my presence, Hence I did ignore him quite a Lot of Times. While also ignoring him after he said he cares about me..

" Should I really go.." I whispered

" Oh.. YOUR GOING ALRIGHT." A voice spoke

" Furina?"  I asked

". Well duh who else could it be?" She replied

" But- how did you even get here?"

" A walk, but I.  Started walking a long time. Ago from the Palais Mermonia, Because I had a feeling you would talk yourself out of seeing Wriothesley." She replied.

" No! WAIT!"  She shouted

But it was too late my face was a bright red one to bright to be caught with, naturally my antennas pulsed and glowed A strong blue.

"F-  Furina, S- stop saying that N- Name." I stuttered

" It's not my fault you turn as. Red as. A tomato when you hear me say that name."

" But it is your problem." I replied.

" Ughhh, Go sit on one of your sofa's I'll bring an ice pack." She groaned

I sat on my sofa and waited for Furina to return but while waiting the thought went through my head again. What if Wriothesley doesn't want to see me? Just before I could think anymore Furina had already returned with an ice pack.

" Here." She said whilst handing me the ice pack

" T- Th- Thank you." I muttered.

".  Your a literal mess,  When that name is called."  She spoke

" I know. And I wonder why.."

" It's something about a Sovereign and the mentioning of their Companions name,  you should read that book on it."

" I definitely will find time to look into that, But just not now."

" Yeah you better not. Look at it now, You have someone to go see."  She replied

She got. Up and left my house wearing a smirk on her face, but as I was about to say something she left.

Well, Fortress Of Meropide here I come.

I walked to the entrance of. Meropide and went down the lift. But as soon as I stepped foot in the entrance room everyone froze. It's As if they had seen a ghost. I simply looked at them. Keeping my emotionless expression. They continued to stay frozen and not say a word. Until I walked to the Lady at the reception.

" Do you need anything from me to enter?" I asked calmly

" N- N-   No! Monsieur Chief Justice!" She spoke nervously

"Alright, Have a lovely day." I replied

" You tooo!" She said nervously

Whatever just happened is just so confusing. why is everyone so afraid of me? I asked myself. Let me try not to overthink it there probably just having a busy day.

As I walked through Meropide approaching Wriothesley's office I was greeted by many not even many. Multiple stares, stares of shock, confusion and anger. I understood where the anger came from hence there are here because of me. But I'm just doing my job at the end of the day.

I got to Wriothesley's office door and took a deep breathe reassuring myself everything is gonna be ok and it's going to go well. After a small while I knocked awaiting a response