𝟎𝟐𝟔, 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

ZOEY AKILA bennet ! sugarhill, zoey's cribfeaturing; @itszoeyb

ZOEY AKILA bennet !
sugarhill, zoey's crib
featuring; @itszoeyb .

ZOEY'S FACE WAS face was half-smushed against her poorly written math notes, as thought that everything in her life seemed to be causing her stress. her grades, family, and other concerns were overwhelming her.

zoey hadn't been getting enough sleep, and her sleep schedule had taken a nosedive. despite it being the last week of school and winter break beginning, she wanted to occupy herself upon her return, so she wouldn't have to dwell on her worries during the upcoming weeks, where she planned to sleep away her problems.

the rainy weather added to her comfort as she lounged in her fluffy white chair, almost as content as she would have been nestled in her bed.

if was warm and she could sleep for days, but she wasn't trying to.

zoey's phone suddenly rang, which caused her to let out a quiet groan of annoyance. she reached over to her desk, patting around in a sleepy haze to find her phone amidst the clutter.

a couple of things toppled over and fell off her desk in the process, adding to her frustration but a few moments of searching, her fingers finally grasped the familiar shape of her phone.

without even bothering to check the caller id, she brought it to her ear and mumbled in a soft voice, "hello?"

the sound of hushed whispering greeted her on the other end, but she was too tired to fully comprehend what was being said. she simply waited, hoping that someone would speak up and break the silence.

as she waited, her mind wandered, wondering who could be calling at such an ungodly hour. whoever it was, zoey's sleepy brain couldn't muster up the energy to care too much. she just wanted the conversation to start so she could go back to sleeping

in the midst of her drowsiness, zoey couldn't help but wonder why she hadn't set her phone to silent mode before doing her homework. it would have saved her from this groggy confusion.

but in her defense, she was so tired that she couldn't even remember what she was doing before any of this.

finally, after what felt like an eternity, a voice broke through the whispers on the other end.

"yoo, zozo! how are you?" zoey could immediately tell from the heavy new york accent that it was hogging on the other end. "i'm good," she replied, a hint of confusion in her voice since she couldn't even remember the last time they had spoken.

"thas good. you at home right now?" notti asked.

"yeah, i'm home. why?"

it took a couple of moments before before replied, probably because of all the whispering going on in the background.

"you think i can come over for a bit? i just needa tell you some shit." notti asked, sounding a bit urgent.

zoey was a tad skeptical, but she figured, what's the harm? "yeah, when you comin'?" she responded, trying to sound nonchalant.