𝟎𝟐𝟏, 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

ZOEY AKILA bennet ! sugarhill, her crib featuring; @itszoeyb

ZOEY AKILA bennet !
sugarhill, her crib
featuring; @itszoeyb .

FUNERALS ARE NEVER are never an easy experience to go through, especially when accompanied by the ambiance of a rainy day. but here zoey was. getting ready to attend her mother's funeral, she couldn't help but be struck by the melancholic atmosphere outside. the gray clouds hung low in the sky, releasing a steady drizzle that added to the already heavy weight on her heart.

inside her room, drenched in the soft glow of dimly lit lamps, zoey searched through a small jewelry box. she took out a pair of earrings that her mother had gifted her just a few months prior.

the tears welled up in her eyes as she looked over the intricate design, knowing she wouldn't ever receive something from her mother ever again. it was difficult to comprehend how swiftly someone could be taken away, leaving behind a void that seemed impossible to fill.

the sound of the rain tapping against the windowpane echoed throughout the room made it worse—the world outside appeared to mirror her inner emotions, it made her feel even more tired.

zoey carefully placed the earrings in her ears, shutting  her eyes to stop the tears. she didn't have the strength to do anything today—she doesn't have anything anymore.

she messed up her life and she lost someone's else's.

when zoey finally sucked up all her tears she turned off all her lights before getting up. leaving her room, zoey walked through the dimly lit hallway, the creaking floorboards adding to the quiet ambiance. the sound of her footsteps seemed muffled, as if the house itself mourned her loss.

if all feels messed up, like it's some twisted reality where she's still alive while my own mom isn't. zoey had caught caught a glimpse of my dad sitting on the sofa and it wasn't the best sight to see. that empty space next to him used to be filled with laughter, cozy nights, and endless conversations. now it's just cold and empty, lacking that spark of warmth and love that her mom brought.

her mom was always right there beside him on that very couch; but now she isn't.

everything is out of place, like the puzzle pieces got jumbled and don't fit anymore. it's hard to wrap her head around the fact that my mom isn't here with us, sharing those ordinary moments that used to make the house feel like a home.

it felt like to zoey  that life dealt us the cruelest hand, ripping away the person who meant the most to her. she can't help but question why it had to be this way. why is the world so unfair?

she didn't bother to think about it more—she already felt her eyes tearing up all over again. and she was scolding herself for crying so much, for the lady weeks she had been crying nonstop.