#27: KEEPING IT A SECRET

"mera na mujh mein kuch raha, hua kya?"

Naina

We bid goodbye as he went home and I went inside to get ready.

I was getting ready when I heard the doorbell. I went towards the door and opened it.

The door opened revealing a tired dhruv and dhruvika. They entered inside and threw themselves on the couch.

"You guys were suppose to back in afternoon right?" I asked.

"Yes but bhai insisted to come home early" dhruvika replied .

"So how was the sleepover?" I asked while closing the door behind them.

"Please no questions right now didi, I promise I'll tell you every little detail" dhruvika said while resting her head in dhruv's lap as he smiled.

"Okay fine but I want every detail later" I said.

She nodded and closed her eyes. My gaze turned towards dhruv while he was caressing dhruvika's hair. A smile crept my face looking at them.

They're the only family I have and I cannot let naksh malhotra harm them. I couldn't protect mumma but one scratch on any of them and I'll kill that man.

"Dhruv" I called out as he looked at me.

"Ji didi?" He said.

"I'll get going now, take care of yourself and dhruvika and donot skip breakfast okay?" I said.

"Okay di" he smiled.

I was about to go and get ready when he suddenly called me.

"But didi apne nashta krr liya?" He asked.

"Yes"

"But what did you eat? You don't know how to cook?" He asked while raising an eyebrow.

"Yea but aar-"
I realised what I was about to say and immediately stopped myself.

"I- I mean I just had cereal" I said.

"Should I cook for you then?" He asked.

"No it's fine, I'm not that hungry" I said as he nodded.

I quickly ran towards my room closing the door behind me as I took a deep breath.

Oh my god I almost said aarav. I should've been more careful.

I sighed and started getting ready.

Aarav

I drove myself home because I had to change before leaving for work. I parked the car and called manvika di. She picked up the call after a few rings.

"Hello didi"
"What do you want?" She replied while yawning, she was still asleep.
"Open the door for me" I said.
"What?"
"The door, open it"

A moment of silence took over the call. And I know what's coming for me. I pulled my phone a little away from my ear.

"What the fuck? You weren't home? Where were you idiot?" She shouted through the phone.

I knew it. Thank God I had my phone away from my ear.

"I'll tell you everything but open the door for now" I said

"Fine I'm coming" she said before cutting the call.

I got out of the car and slowly went towards the door making sure noone is watching. I stood infront of the door as it opened.

"Get aside what're you doing?" I said to manvika di who was standing in front of me.

She rolled her eyes as I entered and ran into my room before she could ask anything.

She came inside my room and closed the door behind her.

"Mom dad?"
"Still sleeping" she said as I nodded.

"You didn't come home last night?" She asked.

"About that mumma papa ko kya bola hai?" I asked

"Sid ne bola hai, he told them that you're staying with him and you'll be back tomorrow but I don't think you stayed with him. So where were you?" She said.

What? Sid said that? Noo. Now I have to answer one more person. That guy will ask me every single detail.

"I was with him only" I replied.

"Zip it aaru, I'm not stupid. Tell me everything right now" she said while rolling her eyes at me.

How the fuck does she know?

"Why? It's not the first time I stayed over at Sid's"

"Yea but every single time you stayed over sid always called mumma to tell her that you're a beggar who needs a place to sleep so he'll keep you"

"Wait why wasn't I aware of this?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"That's not the point. But yesterday he called me instead of mumma and just said you're staying over so it means you weren't actually staying over" she said.

"What kind of theory is this?" I asked.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Altho it's true but that's not the point.

"So where were you?"
"At Sid's"
"Fine don't tell me, I'll find it out myself" she said as she left the room.

Finally. I can get ready now. This person is an idiot, I'm surprised she became a doctor.

I relaxed myself on the bed as I closed my eyes for a moment.
Last night was so good. Sleeping with her in my arms felt like total heaven.

She asked me to stay over. She trusts me. I wish I could spend every night with her.

I don't want anything sexual from her bhagwan ji, I just want to be her safe place. I want to be someone she can trust. I want her to cry, laugh and get angry freely infront of me. Bhagwan ji please just let her trust me once and I'll never break her trust I promise you.

🦋

"Aarav beta"
I heard someone shouting as I slowly opened my eyes and saw mumma standing beside my bed.

"Aarav tune office nhi jana kya?"
She shouted.

I yawned and streched my arms.

"Hn toh mumma abhi toh bhut time hai" I said

"It's 9:15 you idiot"

She said as it suddenly hit me. Shit. I overslept.

I ran towards the washroom to change as I heard my mom sigh.

I quickly changed my clothes and went into the kitchen to say bye to my mom.

"Bye mumma" I said while touching her feet and kissing her on the forehead.

"Breakfast?" She asked.

"Time nhi hai" I said as I ran towards papa.

"Bye papa" I said as I touched his feet too.

He placed his hand on my head while smiling as I ran outside.

Shit. Today is going to be a long day and not to mention I have to answer sid as well.

I accelerated the car as I took a deep breath.

"Buckle up aarav, it's going to be a long day"

New chapter is here y'all, do share your views in comments and don't forget to vote<3

IG: _ikawrites_