#17: A NEW SECRETARY

"tujh se mohabbat ho gyi Allah maaf kare"

Naina

"Mr. Gupta are you sure?"
"Yes mam"
"Are you 100% sure there're no mistakes?"
"Yes mam I've checked it 3 times already"

How can he make a 180 pages of presentation in just one night? That too without any mistakes, is he human?

Yesterday I ordered aarav to make a presentation and I thought he won't be able to complete it, or atleast there would be some mistakes. But not only he completed it, it doesn't even has any mistake.

Gosh this is going to be hard. How do I make him leave on his own?

I was in my own thoughts when I heard Siddharth's voice beside me.

"Mam?"
"Huh? Yes"
"Can I leave?"
"Yea sure"

Think something Naina. Fuck. It's all my fault, I shouldn't have kissed him.

But to think of it, I've been drunk so many times but I had never kissed anyone like this, then why him?

How can I lose my control? Is it because of him? Do I like him?

Oh my god Naina snap out of it. I don't like him, what am I even thinking.

I was laughing a little when I got startled by a knock on my door.
Fuck. That scared me.

"Come in" I said clearing my throat.

A man wearing a black shirt while his sleeves were rolled, entered my cabin. He was looking at a piece of paper in his hand.

Aarav. Why does he look like that? Fixed hair. Kalava wrapped around his right hand while his veins are popping out, damn. Those fucking hands, I wonder how they would look around my-

"Mam?"
"H-huh? Yes?
Wtf Naina? You were checking him out. Fuck. Fuck.

"So mam, the presentation is all ready but I don't see any meeting in your schedule?"
"Yea there is no meeting today?"
"Then why did you asked me to make the presentation in a hurry?"
"Oh I just wanted it to be completed'

He looked at me with his eyes widened, nodded and left.

What was I thinking? His hands wrapped around my-
No. Naina pull yourself together.
I slapped myself on the cheek lightly. I took a deep breath and started working again.

Aarav

I entered my cabin and placed the files on the table harshly startling the sid sitting beside the table.

"Kya hua Bhai?"
"Can you imagine? I stayed up the whole night for this presentation and she says the meeting isn't today"
"I know right, she kept on asking me if there is any mistake in your presentation"

I was furious. How can she do this? I literally worked so hard for this presentation. But again I should've guessed it. She trying to make me leave.

Let's see for how long you will play like this, moonlight. I smirked a little.

"Heyy, what's with this smirking?" I heard Sid's voice.
"Nothing" I sighed.

Wait- why did Siddharth checked my file? Isn't this his new "assistant's" job? And I haven't seen him today. Where is that guy?

Naina

"Aah gya tu?"
"Didi sorry yrr you know na form submit krna tha"
I sighed.
"Chal now go into aarav's cabin aur thodi training le le usse"
"Kyu? Maine konsa yaha sach mein kaam krna hai?"
"Beta Aman, ye baat tujhe pta, mujhe pta hai but aarav ko toh nhi pta na? Chal ja ab"
He let out an annoying sigh and left my cabin.

I just hope aarav won't get suspicious of him. He wasn't here for the whole day.

Aarav

I was working when I heard a knock on my cabin.

"Come in"
"Good morning Mr. Murty"
Oh so he's here finally

"Where were you since morning?"
"Uh- I- actually I -"
"Speak clearly Mr."
"I had some work to do"
"More important than your job?"
"No I- I actually asked informed mam beforehand"

Okay now this guy is getting on my nerves.
"That doesn't matter Mr. Aman, for one month you're working under me. So you're suppose to inform me"
"Yes sir, I'm really sorry"
"Fine, now go and make me a cup of coffee"
"Sir me?"
"Hn toh tumhara bhoot aake bnaega?"
"Um no but sir I don't know how to make coffee"

What? How did Naina even hire him? I know she's so desperate to fire me atleast give my position to someone deserving.

"You don't know?"
"Y-yes sir"

I got up from my seat and sprinted towards Naina's cabin and entered without knocking.

"Mr. Murty? What is this behaviour?"
"I'm sorry mam but may I ask what are you doing?"
"What am I doing?"
"How can you give my position to someone like him?"
"What do mean Mr. Murty?"
"He- He cannot even make coffee"
"So? He's going to be my PA not a barista"

What? But I've been making coffee for her since past 2 years.

"Mam but-"
"Mr. Murty I hope you'll make sure to teach him everything before you leave"
"Why are you making me leave? Just give me one reason mam. I've been a great employee so what is your reason to fire me all of a sudden"
"I don't have to explain myself to you"

Is she for real? She has to explain herself before firing an employee.

"Yes mam you do need to expl-"
"Mr. Murty please donot forget that I am Naina Malhotra, the CEO of the biggest tech company in India and the building you're standing in right now, is my building. And I donot have to explain myself to anyone. So I would appreciate if you stay in your limits"

She said in a sterned tone while standing up and looking directly in my eyes. She's right. She is Naina Malhotra, the CEO. What am I? Just her assistant.

How can I forget that? Just because I visit her house often and I'm close with her siblings doesn't mean she sees me as anything more than just assistant.

What were you thinking aarav murty? Don't forget your limits. You're just a mere assistant to her and she can replace you whenever she feels like.

"I- I'm sorry mam"
"It's fine Mr. Murty, you can go back now"

I nodded and left her cabin. She's right Aarav, you're just an assistant. But my heart cannot take this.

Ab kya kare Naina ji, aapse mohabbat ho gyi hai aur uspe unfortunately Mera koi control nhi hai. You can replace me in the blink of an eye but mera kya? I cannot even be with you and I can't even replace you.

Fuck this, let's leave everything on destiny.

I took a deep breath and entered my cabin.

"So Mr. Aman, let's start with coffee. I'll teach you how to make coffee, follow me"

He nodded and started following me towards the coffee machine.

Aarav is hurt y'all 😭

Vote and comment<3

Follow me on IG for updates and spoilers