#18: REGRETS

"Ishq mein jaldi bada jurmana"

Naina

I shouldn't have said that. I shouldn't have told him to stay in limits. He's such an important part of my life and I shouted at him like that?

No. No. No. What's wrong with me? I laid down on the couch in the living room thinking about today's incident. I had my eyes closed when I the main door opened and someone entered.

I kept my eyes closed because I knew who it was. My peace destroyers.

"Namaste malhotra ji"
"Malhotra ji? Aap marr gyi kya?"
"Oh my god, nhiii"
"Aapki bhut yaad aayegi malhotra ji"
And I heard the fake crying.

"Oh my gosh can you guys stop?"
"Well, we thought you were dead"
I rolled my eyes and sat up straight on the couch.

Rishu and abhi are here. They placed the bag full of chips and coke on the table and sat beside me.

"So, what's wrong mam?" Abhi asked looking at me.
"Nothing"
"Oh c'mon Naina we've known you since college, so now, what's wrong?" Rishu said while searching for a packed of chips in the bag.

"Um I- I actually I-"
"Hey, what's wrong? Uss naksh malhotra ne kuch bola? Uski toh mai" abhi said while holding my hand.

"No guys I- I actually shouted at aarav and told him to stay in his limits"
"Hn toh? It's not new, you shout at your employees all the time, I wonder how they even tolerate you" rishu said jokingly.

"I feel bad"
"Bad for what?" Abhi stated while looking at me.
I took a deep breath and sighed.

"I feel bad for shouting at him"
"Why?" Abhi said staring at me.

"I don't know I feel like he's such an important part of my life and he's always here for dhruv and treats dhruvika like his own sister and I- I disrespected him"

"Then why are you firing him?"
Rishu asked with a confused look on his face.

"I- actually I kissed him"

A wave of silence filled the room. No. This was definitely the silence before strom. I said it. I told them that I drunk kissed him. Fuck.

It's been ten whole minutes. Why aren't they saying anything?

I looked at both of them and let out an awkward laugh. I have to do something.

"Um guys?"
And I blasted the time bomb.

"YOU WHAT?"
"YOU KISSED HIM-" "AARAV MURTY?" "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?" "DO YOU LIKE HIM?" "DID YOU TWO HAD SEX?" "ARE YOU PREGNANT?" "OH MY GOD AM I GOING TO BE AN UNCLE?" "ARE YOU TWO GETTING MARRIED?" "IS HE-"

"SHUT UP, shut up you guys" I shouted and the silence was back again. I took a deep breath before I continued.

"Yes I kissed aarav murty, no I don't like him, it was a drunk kiss, no I didn't had sex, no I'm not pregnant and no you idiots are not going to be an uncle"
I stated calmly.

"Did he forced you?" Rishu asked raising an eyebrow at me.

"That's the thing, I remember everything that happened that night and I kissed him. He didn't even kissed me back and just dropped me home" I replied.

"So you kissed him?" Abhi asked.

"Yes"

"Do you like him?"

"No"

"Then why are you feeling bad for shouting at him?"
"Because I- I...I don't know"

Rishabh gave me a suspicious look and stated
"Are you sure you don't like him?"
"I don't know, stop asking me if I like him you guys"

They looked at each other and abhi continued.
"Naina I think you should give it some time, I don't want you to hurt yourself or him"
Rishabh nodded in agreement.
"Abhi is right Naina, just give it sometime"

Do I like him? No I don't. These guys are just being ridiculous. But when I looked at him today, I did felt different. But that's just my hormones right? I mean like any other normal human I do have needs.

Yes! It's just my hormones. I don't like him. I cannot like him. That's just wrong.

I cannot fall in love with Aarav Murty.

Aarav

Should I just resign? Don't get me wrong I'm usually not the type to back off this quickly but I'm just an employee.

"What are you thinking?" Sid asked me while eating a chocolate beside me. Istg he's always eating something.

"I'm thinking of resigning" I said calmly but he shouted in response

"WHAT? ARE YOU CRAZY?"
"No I mean I'm just an employee to her and nothing more"

"Yes that's because Teri usse baat krne mein fathti hai. I mean c'mon aarav, atleast tell her you like her, it's been what? 2 years?"

"It's been 2years 4 months and 13 days"
"Minutes aur seconds ka hisab rakha hai kya?"
I groaned while being annoyed.

"Yrr but do you think she'll accept me?"
"Dekh aarav I don't about her but if I were a girl I would've definitely fucked you"
My face clearly indicated disgust. Ew. This guy is always high.

"What's with this face? I'm serious"
"Okay, can you stop. I would rather die"
"Whatever"

He's not completely wrong tho. I mean should I blame her? When I haven't even confessed. She is my boss, she has the total right to fire or replace me whenever she wants.

Fuck it. I don't know what to do. Let's just work till I can.

Or wait? Should I ask dhruvika for help? I mean she kind of knows I like Naina.

I looked at the clock that flashed 9:30pm. I took out my phone to text dhruvika. But my hands stopped in between.

Should I text her? It could be distracting for her right? And she's just 17. But she's literally the top of her class, she won't get distracted by this right? I shouldn't text her but she's my only hope.

Me
Hey dhruvi, you awake?

Dhruvi<3
Yea bhai. You need anything?

Me
I actually wanted a favour

Dhruvi<3
Ji Bhai bolo?

Me
Dhruvi actually you know
this already but I really like
Naina and I wanted to confess
before she fires me

Dhruvi<3
Didi is doing what?

Me
Yea actually something
happened, anyways that's not
the point right now.
I want to confess but I-
I mean you know I cannot

Dhruvi<3
Aren't you the
cutest
Bhai? Being scared
of her. Aw. But I would say
just go and tell her that you
like her. You're not a teenager
Bhai. C'mon. Just go for it.

Should I accompany you to
office tomorrow? I have a
day off.

Me
I mean if you can then sure.
Thankyou dhruvi<3

Dhruvi<3
Don't worry bhai, dhruvika
cupid malhotra will make
sure you guys get together
as a couple

I smiled at her texts for the last time after closing my phone. So am I confessing tomorrow? I guess.

It will be fine right? The worst she can say is no.

Let's just confess. For better, for worse. Just fuck it.

So maybe my baby is confessing?

Vote and comment<3

Follow me on IG for updates and spoilers