#2: PEHLI NAZAR

"pehli nazar mein aisa jaddu kr diya"

Aarav

Day 17 of aarav being fattu (scared). Gosh why am I like this? I just wanted to have lunch with her. Isn't it common for a pa and his boss to eat together?

"It surely isn't" An annoying voice interrupted me.
"No but seriously, she just looks at me like she'll eat me alive, how am I suppose to ask her out?"

"Asking her out is way far for now, you cannot even ask her to eat together"
"Shut up sid"
"Why? You cannot handle the truth?"

I got up and ran towards him to choke him but that dumbass douched me and ran out of my office.

I rubbed my head annoyingly and went to my chair.

Aarav murty. The sunshine of the company. That's what they call me. Before joining I had heard a lot about this company and her.

I remember, While giving the interview I saw her and my heart stopped beating. It's like my surroundings became silent.

The winds started blowing softly, everything around me became slow.

Her long wavy hair falling on her face. Her fair skin, her cat like eyes, her lips with that nude lipstick on it. The way she moved her hands around her face to tuck in her hair.

She stood up and came in front of the table and I realised she was taller than most women, maybe around 5'8. Still she looked shorter with my 6'2 body.

That was the day I realised I'm in love with my boss. I passed the interview joined the company, made the bestest friend (Siddharth) and now I'm pretty much living my best life.

Except one thing. Naina malhotra.

I broke the chain of my thoughts and started working and organising my cutie's schedule.

I was busy doing my work when I heard a knock and Siddharth came in with 2 packed lunch boxes in his hand and sat on a chair across me and I realised it was lunch time.

"So, when are you planning to confess?"
Siddharth asked me as he placed the lunch boxes on the table.
"Do you even have any other topic?"

"I do. But you know I really want to see you guys as a couple, but you, you're so fattu (scaredy)"
"Hello! I'm not fattu or anything okay?"
"Hn toh bola kyu nhi use lunch ke liye?"
(So why didn't you asked her for lunch)

"Yrr sid, please you know already na"
"Hn I know but aur kitne din yrr"
(Yes I know, but how many days more?)

"I don't know, let me eat my food in peace"
"You know at this point you should just choose someone else"
"Yrr uske jaise thodi milegi"
(I won't get someone like her)

"Oh my god, Mr. Aarav murty, you're whipped for her already"
"You're acting like you don't know"

"Hn I know but maybe you can date others too, you know, distract her or something?"

"Arre, Ishq ek hi insaan se hota hai, aur meri koi crush vrush nhi hai voh, Ishq hai mujhe usse. Voh kabhi Meri na ho na tb bhi uske liye pyaar kaam nhi hoga, mere Dil mein. Itna pyaar hai mujhe usse. Aur tu bol rha hai ki kisi aur ko date Karu? Na, kabhi bhi nhi"

(you can only love one person, and she's not my crush or anything, I love her. I'll never stop loving her even if she isn't mine, this is the amount of love I have for her. And you're telling me to date someone else? Never)

"Oye Gulzar ki najayaz aulad, khana kha le, apna ek tarfa 'Ishq' badh mein krr lena"

I rolled my eyes at him and we started eating. As I was eating I realised that Naina most probably would've skipped lunch. I got up my chair with a jerk and screamed.

"Naina, sid, how can I forget her?"
He choked on his food because of my scream and got up worriedly.
"What Naina?"

"Naina must've skipped lunch, and I'm eating here, that too with you"
"Hello? With you mtlb? Ek toh I got lunch for you also tere pyar ke chakkar mein ab Bhai ki Jaan lega kya?"
(What do you mean by with me? I got lunch for you. Now you'll ditch your brother for love?)

"Shut up yrr, I'm going in her cabin"
"Okay go, but bolega kya? Uski ankho mein dekhne se toh Teri fathti hai, sign language mein baat karega kya?"
(Okay go but what will you say? You cannot even look at her in the eyes, will you talk in sign language?)

"I will kill you Siddharth"

I just ignored him and went towards Naina's cabin. As I got closer I realised that sid was actually right.

What will I say to her? I just took a deep breath and went towards her cabin and knocked at her door. My heart beat raised as I heard a "come in" .

I went into her cabin with a nervous small smile.

"Yes, Mr. Murty?"
"Um Mam I- I um"
"Please speak up"
"Mam it's lunch time"
"So?"

"Um you, did you had lunch?"
"Not yet"
"Mam should I bring something for you?"
"No thankyou Mr. Murty, I'm not hungry"

"Uh but mam-"
"Anything else?"
"N-no mam"
"Okay then you may leave"

I bowed my head and left her cabin. She could've atleast look at me. I was talking to her but she had her eyes glued to her laptop.

"would you be able to handle it if she looked at you?"

An annoying voice in head spoke to me. I mean yea. Looking in her eyes is something I cannot do. Even tho it's been two whole years.

I sighed and walked towards my cabin with disappointment.

Chapter 3, let me know how it was. Don't forget to vote and share🫶🏻
Follow me on Instagram for further updates on spoilers
_ikawrites_
Please do tell me if there are any errors, I'll be sure to correct it. Till then please show love to Naina and Aarav
🪷🪐🌙🪞🕯️🫶🏻