#3: REASONS TO LIVE

Naina

Naina

"He came your cabin to ask you to have lunch?" Abhi asked being confused.
"Dudee he's in love with you" rishabh stated while munching on some chips.

"He's my secratary, my personal assistant, don't forget that guys" I told them after being absolutely done with them.
"What pa asks his boss to have lunch?"
"My pa"

"Naina that's the thing, he's totally in love with you"
Rishabh stated making a weird face.

What's happening right now is. Me, abhi and rishabh were hanging out when I told them about today's incident. And these dorks say Mr. Aarav loves me. I mean these guys are so delusional.

He just asked me to have lunch. He is my secratary, it's his job to take care of my schedules. But my delulu friends say that's love.

Can these guys be anymore dramatic?

"Okay guys, he is just my secretary and I'm his boss, can we close the topic now?"

I shouted at them to make them stop and it worked they did stopped.

Suddenly abhimanyu turned towards rishabh "so Mr. Rishabh, any news on your new crush right now?"

"Well guys I have to tell you something" rishabh said while fixing his posture.
"So um- hey Naina are you even listening"

I was sitting on the couch munching some chips peacefully when Rishi's voice disturbed me.
"Yea yea, continue"

"Okay so I was saying, I'm in love"
"...................."
"Guys?"
"Hey say something?"

I looked at him with a straight face and stated
"Hn toh, iss mein Naya kya hai?"
(So? What's new in that?)

"What do you mean Naya kya hai? What the hell yrr? I'm in love"

Abhimanyu put his hand over his shoulder and said "rishabh mere bhai, tujhe har ek minute ek nayi ladki se pyaar hota hai,toh isme Naya kya hai huh?"
(You fall for a new girl every minute so what's new?)

Rishabh scoffed at this words
"Guys be for real. This one is serious, Mera Sacha pyaar hai yrr ye vali"
(She's my real love)

"Rishu ye tera 13th Sacha pyaar hai iss mahene ka" I told him without looking at him.
(Rishu this is your 13th real love this month)

"Arre nhi, this one's different, you know jb voh-"
(No this one's different, you know when-)

"Jb voh tere samne aayi toh tere dimag mein ghantiya bjne lgi, tere aass pass sb kuch dhere dhere chalne lga, thandi thandi hawayein chalne lgi aur jaise jaise voh tere pass aayi Teri heartbeat fast hone lgi"

Me and abhi said together while cutting him off.

"Hn Bhai pta hai tera sacha pyaar hame" abhi told him.
(We know your true love)

"Urgh whatever, you guys are the worst. I'm going"

He stood up and went towards the door and said "hello? I'm going"
"Okay" I told him without looking at him.

"Yrr jayo tum log, I hate you guys, I'm really going"
"Acha sun"

He was about to open the door when he heard my voice and turned around with a smile

"I knew it, mujhe aise thodi jane degi tu Naina"
(You won't let me go like this)

"Nhi you can go, bs close the door properly on your way out, AC chal rha hai na"
(No you can go just close the door properly on your way out, the AC is on)

I looked at abhi who was laughing and gave me a hi-fi.
Suddenly rishabh came back on the bed with a grumpy face and abhi asked him.

"so why are you back now?"
"I bought these snacks na? So why would I leave without eating them?"

He took the packet of chips from my hand said "ye mere hai" while showing his tongue.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour.
We watched a movie for a while and both of them left for their houses around 8pm.

I was about to go to my room when I heard a knock. I opened the door revealing dhruv and dhruvika. I folded my arms against my chest and looked at them.

"Dhruv, dhruvika ye time hai Ghar aane ka? It's 8pm"
(Is this the time to come home?)

"Didi voh-"
"Dhruvika go to your room and study, aur dhruv come in my room"

I went in my room and sat on my bed when I heard a knock.

"Come in"
A nervous dhruv came in my room.

"Where were you guys?"
"Didi voh, dhruvi wanted to eat something so I-"
"Dhruv you know you're suppose to pick up dhruvika and bring her straight home, right?"

"I know didi but she was being stubborn"
"She's just 17 dhruv, she's a child, you know I'm busy with the company so I cannot pick her up, you know I usually come home around 9 or sometimes even 10, so I cannot pick her up"

"I know didi"

He was standing in front of me with guilt in his eyes that made me sigh. I called him softly to sit beside me.

"Dhruv, bache I know you are a good brother. I know I don't have to worry about dhruvika till she's with you, I know you're responsible enough but you should always bring her home on time. This year is important for her, you know that right?"

He nodded while looking at me.

"Good, now go study and also check up on her once, okay"
"Okay didi, I'm sorry for today"
"It's okay" I smiled

He nodded and left the room. I sighed and sat comfortably on my bed. Dhruv and dhruvika are my only reasons to say alive right now.

Dhruv is 24 and he's studying buisness. I'm less worried about him because he can handle himself and he's all grown up now.

I know he can take care of himself. He does everything on his own. Cleaning his room, making assignments, studying and every other essential thing.

He's gentle, calm, smart and a respectful guy. I'm not worried about him but I'm worried about dhruvika.

She's always making trouble and not listening to me. She's stubborn and always ends up breaking stuff around her or breaking herself. I wonder how she'll survive once she get into a college.

Everyone from our family studied engineering or buisness but dhruvika wanted to do something different so she decided that she will study medicine.

Our dad was against it because he didn't understood why she wanted to study medicine. But that's her dream so I had to support her. She's stubborn and a complete mess but she's dearest to me.

Any scrach on her and I will kill anyone with my own two hands.

I didn't realised when I went into sleep with my thoughts.

I suddenly woke up with the sound of alarm and I realised it was already 11:30 pm. I got up and went in kitchen to make a snack for dhruvika as she must be studying right now.

While she stays up till 2am, dhruv goes to bed early and wakes up at 4 am.

Dhruvika gets hungry while studying at night and I cannot afford her in kitchen. She'll either burn herself or the whole house, so I always ask dhruv to make something for her.

Hey everyone! Just updated chapter 4. This chapter revolved around Naina and her family just for a Lil intro. Don't worry the future chapters will contain Naina and aarav's moments

Don't forget to vote and share 💫
Follow _ikawrites_ on Instagram for updates