Wattpad Original
There are 39 more free parts

Forthcoming

adjective ~ at a later time; likely to happen or exist

NOVA

Minute one of being a lone sibling.

I watched Pollux slowly drift away from me, from the house, from the pack. Dust blew in the spin of the wheels, Pollux's face was barely noticeable through the tint of the back window. But I could feel the bond, feel it ache as I watched my twin leave. It all felt awfully dramatic, very filmesque.

"Nova, chill. He's coming back." Charlie reassured me.

I pouted. "I don't want him to go."

"He has to." Charlie sighed, patting me on the head like a child. "He isn't like you and I."

"He has a phone; he will call you when he has set up camp somewhere." Phoenix added.

I sighed, nodding. Phoenix smiled sadly, wiping the stray tears from my cheeks. I exhaled, straightening my spine and sobering up.

"Okay, I've had a cry. I'm ready to move on."

"That fast, 'ey?" Charlie snorted.

I glared at him from behind Phoenix, and his eyes widened. "You okay there Charlie?"

He nodded. "I'm going to work. Phoenix, you coming?"

I glanced up at my mate, who frowned at Charlie. I noticed his hesitance and knew straight away the cause.

"I will be fine." I rolled my eyes. "Besides, I need to speak with a certain brother about last night."

Phoenix sighed softly, turning to give me a firm, one-armed, baby-holding hug. I laughed softly as he told me to keep my mind open. It was always open; I enjoyed the comfort of Phoenix through the bond. Carefully, he handed me a sleeping Freddy. Annabelle, as if aware, scrunched and kicked her brother, causing Phoenix to roll his eyes.

"Be good, little terror." He told her.

I laughed gently as she gurgled, but neither she nor Freddy seemed to care. Phoenix and Charlie entered the pack house, my mate watching me until the door closed. Inhaling deeply, I looked out across the gardens. It was a gentle spring morning, and it made me happy knowing that brighter days were coming. I just hoped more in the literal sense.

Basking in the gentle silence for a moment, I exhaled my worries. The gentle grunting of the children in my arms had my head dropping to stare at them. It still baffled me I had birthed them; that they were here and very much real. I couldn't quite wrap my head around the idea of being a mother, most of the time feeling like I was in another universe.

Belle's fisted curled with agitation, and I knew I would have to feed them before I found my brother. Leo had taken the day off, but only because I forced him to. He would've happily gone back to work when it was the last thing his relationship needed. He and Molly needed to talk about their situation, not go to work and hide from it.

Entering the house, I sought a quiet space. There were various living rooms in the hotel sized house, so it didn't take me long before I found one. A wolf named Jenny was inside, and she quickly insisted she left to give me privacy. As much as I appreciated it, I also wish she didn't. I felt oddly lonely in my world, stuck like glue to these two babies that used most of my life force.

It was bizarre. Never had I felt so whole, so welcome, and yet... There are moments where I feel detached. People gave you the privacy you needed, gave you the space to get into your routine with your newborn, but it felt lonely. Nobody truly in this pack was comparable other than Molly or Kate. The two of them being new mums themselves gave me a sense of normality. But even then, there are moments where I felt restricted.