Wattpad Original
There are 67 more free parts

Expand

verb ~ to make something become larger or more extensive

NOVA

Pollux was uneasy.

I moved from around Phoenix to peer at him from the other side. The moment Molly questioned his future relationship, Pollux shut down. He was at ease, comforting me and enjoying the moment of bliss with the twins, but as soon as that question came, so did his discomfort.

"No, there's nobody." Pollux shrugged, trying to play it off.

Even Phoenix could tell he was uneasy, because my mate pivoted, so he was facing forward. I remained glued to his side, watching the exchange with concern.

"He has plenty of time." Phoenix interrupted.

I saw how Pollux looked at him with barely concealed surprise, his posture tense. Phoenix shifted his weight, his arm falling to the back of the sofa as he faced the others head on. I grinned as the mate bond tightened; Phoenix was feeling protective.

"He spent a lot of time travelling. If he was to have someone, he would by now." He continued.

"You did?" Molly wondered, dropping her eyes.

"I travelled for years." Pollux nodded. "I left home at seventeen."

"Did you have a wolf? Where did you go without crossing borders?" She probed, genuinely curious.

Pollux shifted his weight, his demeanour changing now he was no longer under scrutiny. "I shifted as a teenager, yeah. As for borders, I avoided wolf territory."

"But you came with the mate scouts, right?" Molly cast a look at her mate. "You came here with Leo."

Pollux nodded. "Nova had shifted, and I felt it. After asking Gaia what it was, I went looking for her and the only way to travel packs without causing trouble was part of the scouting group."

Molly's lips parted with understanding, looking at me with curious eyes. My chest felt warm knowing Pollux had immediately come looking for me. My shift must've awoken something within him, something related to Gaia's curse.

"But wait, how did you shift before Nova? Weren't you cursed as well?"

"The curse prohibited us from shifting until we were safe." I told her. "Mine lifted when I met Phoenix; it knew that my fate was safe with him."

Leo's nose scrunched up. "That is overly adorable..."

I laughed at my brother's expression. "I can't help being adorable."

Rolling his eyes, he smirked at me as Molly continued to ask questions.

"So, when did you shift, Pollux?"

"I was seventeen." He pursed his lips. "I shifted one afternoon whilst I was out for a walk."

"But wait... wasn't Gaia... You know..."

We both cocked our heads, sharing a look before my eyebrows furrowed with confusion.

"What about Gaia?" I wondered.

"She was the bad guy." Molly's eyes widened. "How did he shift around her when the curse keeps you safe? Gaia raised Pollux because Angela told her to, right?"

My lips pursed with understanding. Molly had a point. Gaia had been working for Angela the entire time, so what changed that allowed his wolf to surface? What point in their lives did Gaia not become the bad guy?

"I'm not sure." Pollux frowned. "She could not have lifted it without lifting Nova's, so I... I'm afraid I don't know."

"Maybe she just had a change of heart." Charlie interrupted.