Wattpad Original
Masz jeszcze 35 darmowych części

Flawless

adjective ~ without imperfection

CHARLIE

From the moment Calida arrived in my room, her eyes lit up with wonder. I had covered the private staircase that lead to my suite in flowers. Wrapped between the bannisters and hanging from a net in the ceiling were red and white petals with green leafy plants. I wasn't sure their name; I just knew the red were roses. I think the white were called baby's breath. It didn't smell that bad; and Freddy sure stank when he threw up.

Entering the top door, there was a soft silky curtain, caressing our skin as we entered the candlelit room. Calida was quiet, which was either terrible or very good. Rose petals covered the floor, with small LED tea-lights leading her toward the sofa. The blankets were scattered and the pillows of the sofa were no longer on the frame.

"Is that...a fort?" She wondered.

I grinned. "Sure is. Took me ten years to build that baby. She's solid as cement."

Calida's eyebrows rose, but it was out of interest. I may have stolen some cushions from one of the various living rooms downstairs, but it had to be flawless. They leaned against the edge of the sofa and built the walls that houses more silken curtains. It had to be the perfect height too, so laying them sideways gave me the best height, but lacked width. I must've used three sofas worth of cushions, covering the floor with more plush blankets and my bed pillows.

Between the gentle flow of the curtains, I draped fairy lights between them. With the main curtains closed, only the berry-scented candles and the fairy lights lit up the room.

Then her eyes found the still title screen of Harry Potter, and she squealed with delight. She had told me in explicit detail how it was one of her favourite movie franchises since coming to the pack. According to Nova, she had only watched the first five, so it was my duty to give her the bad news of Dumbledore's death later.

Spoiler?

Oops.

We settled down into the fort and lay leisurely, watching the first movie. Time passed by in a blur, and with four failed wins at Monopoly, I dismissed the game with a huff.

"How do you keep winning?" I complained. "It's Monopoly! It's so easy to cheat!"

Calida had laughed, a joyous, carefree, gleeful noise I wanted to listen to all day long. We spent the morning in my room, in the fort, watching the next Harry Potter movie and snacking on popcorn. I wanted to play twenty-one questions with her, but I became so obsessed with trying to with Monopoly, I refused to give up. I only gave it up when the alarm on my phone rang.

It was lunchtime.

"Stop pouting." Calida laughed, looping her arm through mine.

We were walking down the stairs toward the kitchen, where I had food prepared. My eyes widened slightly at her touch, but I pulled her closer.

"I will win one game. I promise you."

She giggled, her head falling onto my shoulder for the briefest of moments. I inhaled her scent deeply, sighing happily as the citrus scent filled my lungs. She smelt tasty too, and it didn't help my need to lay my teeth on her skin.

Reaching the kitchen, a small maid met me halfway with the picnic box in hand. I thanked them softly, knowing they had helped me prepare most of it.

"What's that?"

"We are having a picnic." I stated.

"Outside?"

"Where else do you have a picnic?" I mused.