Wattpad Original
There are 29 more free parts

Playful

adjective ~ fond of games and amusement

NOVA

Molly was crying, Rose was intensely listening, and I couldn't help but grin at everything Calida was saying. Despite her nonchalance, I knew she was feeling the opposite. Playing it casual, Calida told us the entire story.

Charlie brought her breakfast in bed, telling her to dress casually for the day.

Charlie decorated the suite with low lighting, candles, flowers and build a fort made of pillows.

They had a picnic in the fort and watched all the Harry Potter movies. He brought them crafts and then claimed that the mug she made was his to remember her by.

They had a candlelit dinner, and she opened up about her past, before snuggling in the fort.

Charlie told her how much he meant to her, supporting her opinion and feelings for their relationship. They kissed and then.... Then they finally mated.

I was so happy; my heart could burst. Not only was I proud of Calida, I was proud of Charlie.

Calida has faced many obstacles in her life, and has many more to go. Her lack of self-confidence always concerned me, but I had been there. She did not understand her own worth, and Maxwell and the rogue pack warped her opinion of mates. The men that tried to bring her down did not get very far, and much like Charlie, she built up a wall and let nobody take a peek.

And whilst we were on the topic of Charlie... I can't believe he finally opened up his heart and let her know how he felt. His ability to define himself with Calida's boundaries paid off. She finally saw the kind-hearted, gentle soul he was beneath the silly jokes and crude comments. Charlie was my best friend, my brother, and of course, my beta. When I needed somebody other than Phoenix, he and my brothers were my support.

Both of them had pasts to accept and overcome, and both of them finally let each other in. All it took was a cute, fairy-lighted fort, dinner, and Harry Potter. A strange mix, but one that made complete sense. The mugs and photo frames were a cute choice, and Calida showed us hers over breakfast.

I did not know Charlie was such a talented painter; I'd have to corner him about it later.

"Did he mark you?" Molly gushed.

"Obviously not. She smells unmarked." Rose rolled her eyes, her eyes dropping to my baby in her lap.

Half-way through the conversation, Freddy had woken and cried for food. Rose happily took Belle from me, the little wolf wide awake with a soft smile.

Calida snorted at Rose's scorn, gripping her mug in her hands. My eyes softened as she gazed down at it with a small smile. Her eyes rose from the mug, locking directly with mine. I blinked, unbothered, as she stared at me.

"Nova..."

"Yeah?"

"You haven't spoken a word in a while. Do I need to be concerned?" Calida wondered.

"No, nothing to be concerned about." I shook my head.

"You are awfully quiet." Molly quirked an eyebrow.

"I think you guys did enough talking for me." I laughed.

Calida swallowed, and I recognised the small hints of unease in her eyes. It seemed nobody else did, Molly and Rose joking about their excitement. I cocked my head as I stared at Calida, and when she finally met my eyes again, I quirked an eyebrow.

"What?"

Her eyes widened in response. "What what?"

"What are you thinking about? And don't tell em Charlie, because that look is different."