Wattpad Original
There are 36 more free parts

Tryst

noun ~ a private romantic rendezvous between lovers

CHARLIE

Today was the day.

I woke before my alarm, too excited to dilly-dally. I know, right? Me, waking willingly before my alarm on my day off. Madness.

Why?

Oh, why you ask?

Today was the day.

Calida and I had a date day.

Usually, the movie nights were every Thursday, but last week I proposed a date day. The only time we could have wiggle-room with was today, so I was going to make the most of it. Nova and Phoenix would be busy gallivanting in the woods for a few hours later, and Sean would be babysitting. Pollux wasn't here, and Leo and Molly were still grouchy at each other.

It was the perfect time to have a perfect day.

I showered and dressed in a button-down shirt and jeans before combing back my hair. I spritzed a small amount of cologne before admiring myself in the mirror.

Yeah, I'd do me.

Shooting myself a sly wink in the mirror, I left my room and ran down the stairs.

Oh yeah, did I forget to tell you? Phoenix finally gave me his old suite! Yes! More madness!

After he and Nova moved out, Pollux took over, but apparently he didn't like it, so moved to one of those lame cabins. With little persuasion, Phoenix gifted it to me. Not only did I have a shiny new car in the garage, but a penthouse to go with it.

Things were looking up! Just need to score the perfect date!

"You look chirpy for an early start, Beta Charlie."

I spun around on my heel, coming face to face with Kelsey. Grinning at her, I smoothed my hands down my shirt.

"And I also look...?"

Her eyes flickered down to my attire, cocking her head as she chewed on an apple. "Appeasing."

"I'll take it." I grinned.

Kelsey smirked before wishing me well and leaving. I entered the dining room with a wide grin. First, breakfast. Squeezing myself between the breakfast chefs, I eyed what they were making. Most of them ignored me, letting me pick what I wanted, but a few grunted at me.

With a tray full of goods, I placed it on the side and moved to grab some coffee and orange juice. Oh, wait, cutlery! I can't forget that, or napkins. I don't think Calida will appreciate runny eggs on her sheets.

A mere twenty minutes later, I was done and left the kitchen with a broad grin. The doors swung shut behind me as I wandered into the foyer. I passed a sideboard and backtracked to grab one of the fresh flowers out of the vase, courtesy of Nova.

Thank you, Nova.

Snickering, I carefully carried the tray of yumminess towards Calida's room. She should wake up soon, her natural body clock rising her at eight-thirty. I was five minutes early, so I may get a grumble.

Balancing the tray in one hand, I knocked thrice on her door. A soft grunt of a 'go away' filtered through the wood and I laughed softly.

"No way, you said we have a date day." I mused.

I heard shuffling, the tapping of her phone before a heavy sigh.

"Charlie, it is eight in the morning. I am not leaving without a cup of coffee." She grumbled.